Do you have an accent?

I can switch between Standard American English and Hawaiian Creole English.

HCE is also known as Pidgin in Hawaii. If you've seen 50 First Dates, you've heard Rob Schneider do a poor version of it.

Yes, I do. Very heavy accent, man love it, ladies....not so much. I try to make this like a funny joke if someone comment on that. But, truth is it hurts me sometimes. I am well educated person and my accent does not stop me from doing my job by all high standards in my field.

Hm. Sometimes the southern comes out. It shoots to 100% after two drinks-- (am i alone in this??) We're from tx but DH says I sound Alabaman sometimes.

Me, too! I grew up in Kansas but I grew up with and learned to speak from a bunch of Southern women. So I do have a slight drawl that becomes THICK after a few drinks! Thanks, Mom!

I can switch between Standard American English and Hawaiian Creole English.
HCE is also known as Pidgin in Hawaii. If you've seen 50 First Dates, you've heard Rob Schneider do a poor version of it.
That's awesome! I am in Hawaii :smile:

Me, too! I grew up in Kansas but I grew up with and learned to speak from a bunch of Southern women. So I do have a slight drawl that becomes THICK after a few drinks! Thanks, Mom!
Hehehe I love it.

I do. I was born and raised in the NYC suburbs. I moved to Arizona eight years ago and I still have NY accent. I hate when people in AZ ask me if I am from NY and to pronounce things. It's annoying!

It depends on who you ask! Haha! I live here in Texas and sometimes people here say that I have a Northern accent. I am 28 and we moved to Texas from Michigan when I was 11.

But then when I visit my family in Michigan, they say that I have a southern accent! I'm so confused! lol :shrugs:

I've been told I don't for English and I'm glad I don't. I am Chinese born and raised in US. Some people have said I sounded Hispanic and/or Caucasian regarding my tone of voice when I talked to people on the phone or Xbox Live. Everyone said they wouldn't have guessed I was Asian.

Emigrated from UK 8 years and I still have my English accent, though I can't say the same for our kids- they are sounding really Australian now, especially the younger 3 ! :smile: