Do YOU have a promise ring? Come and share.

1. Where do people shop for their promise ring? I know some people have bands and some have diamond rings. Are the rings themselves any different than e-rings and wedding bands? I know the meaning behind the ring is different and significant to each couple. But I'm not sure where to go about looking for a promise ring for me and my bf. Is it weird to use a wedding band as a promise ring and buy another one later? All advice/pictures/stories are appreciated.
  2. i have white gold band with our anniversary and our initial engraved that him and i wear 24/7 but he also got me a tiffany diamond band last yr on my bday so i just wear that ring once in awhile.
  3. I've had 3 in the past and didn't want one this time, because I felt like it was bad luck for me or something. They were all purchased at small jewelry stores. One was sterling silver with a 1/2 ct square amethyst. One was white gold with a diamond pave heart. The last one was platinum with 3 same sized round diamonds (~1/2 ct total)...

I'm not a fan of promise rings that look just like (or actually are) engagement rings. I don't understand the point... Why not just get engaged? :shrugs:...
  4. I agree w/ that... I've never had a promise ring, but depending on what you want, you could get a band style ring w/ a gemstone, to kind of show, hey, this is not an engagement yet. It's whatever you like, but I think a wedding band would look just like that, rather than a promise ring. I think that's fine, but it all depends on what you want.
  5. I don't have a promise ring, but I think for a lot of couples they just don't have the money for a real engagement ring. Maybe they're students or maybe she just has.. really expensive taste (haha) but he still wants her to have a reminder of his love? I don't know. I never really got the point. I wore a small old-fashioned looking diamond ring my BF bought me for my 21st birthday on my left hand while I was waiting for it to get sized and got SO TIRED of being asked if we were engaged. I can't even imagine what it would have been like had I wore it there more than 9 or 10 days.
  6. Oh, and acually on topic, I have close friends who both wear rings that look like wedding rings as promise rings. I think it depends on your and your SO's style. I think most people would actually replace them with their real wedding rings, though.