Do you have a Chelsea? Do you like it?

1. I'm looking at the Chelsea Signature hobo 10981 or Chelsea Optic hobo 10990. I like the size -- it kind of fits that gap between ones that are almost too small for me and ones that are definitely too large. I'm wondering if you have this bag how well you like it? I am not that close to a store so I might end up ordering online. I did see the optic in person earlier this summer but I'm relying on memory now... Tell me what you love or don't love about these. Thanks! :smile:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. I don't have either of these but I have a white leather Chelsea hobo that is this size from last year. I love the way it looks on me, it has a nice shape and it easy to carry, but my stuff gets lost in it.
  3. I don't have either.. but I love the chelsea signature one.. it is really cute! :tup:
  4. I have a chelsea optic hobo...not one this size..a bit smaller from last spring. I love it. Love the hardware, turnlock, light size, and the way it fits on my arm. Mine is the black optic. I think they are classic bags...and very comfortable!
  5. Either one is cute...probably prefer the sig over optic. :yes:
  6. I have a Chelsea mineral hobo which is generally the same style and shape as this but just slightly bigger according to the specs on (not sure how accurate those are though). I do like this bag a lot, it's much roomier than I thought it would be. Honestly, I've got a ton of junk in there right now:

Soho framed wristlet for coupons and female things
    2 mini skinnys
    A small leather wallet about the size of a mini skinny
    some random but important papers
    my regular sized ipod
    a leather bound devotional book at least 1/2 inch thick
    a western belt buckle (I'm weird, what can I say?)
    cheap sunglasses
    average sized cell phone (not super thin)
    a small photo album brag book
    some lipgloss
    a tin of altoids gum

I think that's it-there may be more, it's getting scary in there actually. I really need to clean her out :yes: Anyway, you see my point, they are quite roomy.

I like the drop length on mine, the way it slouches. It just hangs nicely on me.

The only thing negative I will say about this bag is what someone else mentioned-my stuff does get kind of lost in it. The one I have has 2 cell phone pockets in it and I tend to put my phone in one and ipod in the other but they rarely stay in the pockets more than 3.4 seconds or so. With my Ali, they always stayed perfectly put no matter how much I swung my purse over my head, lol. Ok, so I really didn't do that but you get the idea.
  7. I like the sig vs the optic in these personally...
  8. This is great thanks! I really don't mind the "getting lost" aspect of stuff. I have 2 Soho mini flap bags and I feel more like I'm cramming my stuff into them when I use them. A little room is good. Especially on those days when you do want to toss in something you don't necessarily carry everyday.

Anyone else?
  9. My friend has the Chelsea optic, I really like it. I am thinking about getting one myself.
  10. I had this bag in the khaki optic version w/ the suede bottom last year! It's a GREAT, comfortable bag!!! VERY easy to get in and out of, holds all of your stuff nicely, etc. I WAS eyeing the signature one this year!!! :graucho: but, whichever you choose, they are both beautiful bags!!!
  11. I bought an optic and leather chelsea (haven't bought Coach in a long time so I treated myself). Both bags are great.

The optic is a little more special. I like the fact the khaki's signature is more muted. Also, the strap is braided which looks richer to me.
  12. I don't own one, but would like to add one to my collection one day. They both are cute.
  13. I have the patchwork satchel. I can't speak for the hobos as I haven't tried one, but the satchel is a PITA to close with the turnlock. Probably not as bad with the hobo as it's not as wide and there's less room to slouch. Very well constructed, though.