Do you ever wish for a particular bag because a celebrity has it? Be honest now!

Yes I bought my Botkier because Vanessa Hudgens carries it a lot but I love the bag so that is why I bought it. I never would have found it had I not seen pics of her carrying it. Also her carrying her Balenciaga Part Time inspired me to look more into Balenciaga. I don't own the same bag but was inspired since she carries her with tons of different outfits. I would say Vanessa Hudgens has really influenced my style lately.

This is a toughie question.
But if you think about it, when you see something you always have an opinion on it.
Like, who HASN'T seen a friend wearing a gorgeous outfit, and turned green with envy? ;)
I think a celebrity wearing something doesn't really make your opinion on the bag stronger, or weaker.
Unless you tend to buy outfits a certain celebrity wears, rather than celebrities in general

Hides head in shame...I admit it...I sometimes do buy bags because of some celebrities. I bought my Rebecca Minkoff because Lindsay Lohan had it, I bought my Suhali Lockit because Kim Kardashian had it, and my Ivory YSL Downtown because Kate Beckindale had it.

I've learned about certain brands because I've seen celebrities wearing them but there has only been one bag that I've purchased after seeing it on a celebrity and that was the RM MAM. I remember seeing Hayden Panettiere rocking it all the time and it was just so classic that after seeing the millionth picture of her with the bag I decided to get it too.

Being absolutely 100% honest -- no.

I occasionally buy something or copy a look after seeing a picture (either a celebrity photo or a regular person modeling photo), but not because a particular celebrity owns or wore something -- it's just because I saw the picture and went "hey, that's cute! I like that."

Most recently, I bought a Rebecca Minkoff Mini Nikki in yellow after seeing a picture of a full-sized Nikki in yellow on Vanessa Minnillo. I'd never considered buying a yellow purse before, but I thought it looked so cute in the picture that I started thinking about whether I could work it into my wardrobe. Once I decided that I could, when I found the purse for 50% off I bought it.

ETA:

I can honestly say that I never want a bag simply because a celebrity has it; it's more like they're just usually the ones that first introduce me to a bag I end up loving.

Yep, this.

Absolutely!! See my avatar? Totally owe it to Nicole Ritchie for making me fall in love with the 05 black bal in the first place. It's not that I want to be just like the celebrity, but when I see the gorgeous bag being modeled and looking amazing, it inspires me!

Actually, I see celebrities the same way I see characters in a tv show or a movie. Celebrities - even when they're just out and about, typically are still selling some sort of image. And most of them are not even styled by themselves, but by someone they've hired. You can actually look at many celebs now and pinpoint exactly who their stylist is - because they tend to start looking alike (especially the ones Rachel Zoe styles).

So for me, they aren't really 'real' people. They're just characters. For that reason, I typically get my inspiration from actual fashion spreads, movies or tv shows - not really from celebrities themselves. The reason is because the 'look' is often carried through better - or it looks more cohesive than what you sometimes see celebs in. I LOVED Renee Russo's wardrobe in The Thomas Crown Affair. I also loved Anne Hathaway's wardrobe in The Devil Wears Prada. And I loved Audrey Hepburn's long black and white gown in Sabrina, Grace Kelly's entire wardrobe from To Catch a Thief...

In fact, I even loved Grace Kelly's wardrobe after she became a Princess - even more a created image than a real person. Same with most royals. I love Queen Raina's look, and CP Mary of Denmark, as well as CP Letizia of Spain. And of course, Diana. I think it's mostly because they tend to wear classic pieces with just a hint of edge and that's up my alley style-wise. The styles royals wear are immediately accessible for a career-woman.

The reason I love the Hermes Kelly and Birkin bags is because they go with that royal-restrained-classic style that I gravitate toward. And also because of a quote from a book I read (can't remember which) that said: "French women carry a Birkin not because it's the IT bag, but because it's a family heirloom."

I want to be able to pass a bag down to my daughter that has staying power - thus I try not to subject myself to the whims of celebrity taste (that often isn't even theirs).

Actually, I see celebrities the same way I see characters in a tv show or a movie. Celebrities - even when they're just out and about, typically are still selling some sort of image. And most of them are not even styled by themselves, but by someone they've hired. You can actually look at many celebs now and pinpoint exactly who their stylist is - because they tend to start looking alike (especially the ones Rachel Zoe styles).

So for me, they aren't really 'real' people. They're just characters. For that reason, I typically get my inspiration from actual fashion spreads, movies or tv shows - not really from celebrities themselves. The reason is because the 'look' is often carried through better - or it looks more cohesive than what you sometimes see celebs in. I LOVED Renee Russo's wardrobe in The Thomas Crown Affair. I also loved Anne Hathaway's wardrobe in The Devil Wears Prada. And I loved Audrey Hepburn's long black and white gown in Sabrina, Grace Kelly's entire wardrobe from To Catch a Thief...

In fact, I even loved Grace Kelly's wardrobe after she became a Princess - even more a created image than a real person. Same with most royals. I love Queen Raina's look, and CP Mary of Denmark, as well as CP Letizia of Spain. And of course, Diana. I think it's mostly because they tend to wear classic pieces with just a hint of edge and that's up my alley style-wise. The styles royals wear are immediately accessible for a career-woman.

The reason I love the Hermes Kelly and Birkin bags is because they go with that royal-restrained-classic style that I gravitate toward. And also because of a quote from a book I read (can't remember which) that said: "French women carry a Birkin not because it's the IT bag, but because it's a family heirloom."

I want to be able to pass a bag down to my daughter that has staying power - thus I try not to subject myself to the whims of celebrity taste (that often isn't even theirs).

:goodpost::ty: