Do you donate blood?

Wow, I didn't know they were THAT specific. I weigh 86 lbs the last time I checked. Pretty sure I'd be rejected too. Too bad. I'm really healthy and would like to share it.

I give blood every chance I get, it makes me feel good about helping out.
You have to wait I think a year after tattoos or piercing.
I was one of the people back in the '70's who got to take the Vietnamese adoptees to their new parents in the US. So I had to get shots for hepatitis, just in case any of the kids were still carrying. So now I have an immunity so Red Cross wants my blood.
Make sure you're very hydrated, makes the process go very quickly.

I donate pretty frequently at work. They usually have a drive every 3 months or so. I didn't even know about the gallon pins until the last time I donated so I grabbed a 1 gallon and am close to hitting the 2 gallon mark now.

I do agree with the don't push it and only donate if you're feeling well. I feel as though I should donate but last time I had a pretty decent headache and didn't want to take anything since I was donating that day. I felt pretty awful post-donation but every other time it has been a positive experience. So just listen to your body and donate when you feel well.

I've done it a couple times. The first time I was fine and then second time I almost passed out. That was when I weighed slightly over their minimum limit. Now I weigh less so I won't even consider it.

I donate every 56 days provided my iron isn't low. They prick your finger first, to make sure your blood drops below a certain marked line, within so many seconds. I think it's great that I can help in some way!

I used to be a frequent donor. I have the less common blood type so every few months I would get a call from the blood bank asking me to come out to donate blood. I susually eat a very big meal before I go. But I haven't been able to donate blood lately because of the weight requirement. They want you to at least weigh 110lbs or more. I'm a liight weight so they don't let me donate blood anymore.

I recently did it for the first time. It was a big deal for me since I've always wanted to but I'm scared to death of needles. But hey, anything to save a life, right? The process wasn't that bad. I was a bit dehydrated so it took forever to get a pint out of me. It was a mobile clinic that visits my workplace every so often and they were really nice and thorough. They do prick your finger to check your iron level and they review a questionnaire with you. I didn't bruise afterwards and was given three bottles of water, three cookies, a sticker, a coupon for a free pint of ice cream at Baskin Robbins, and a T-shirt. Not bad.

I don't only because I'm not allowed to.

(My family and I lived in England for two years when I was three, and now my blood is considered high risk for contamination . . . mad cow disease and such.)

But I am an organ donor.

I'd love to donate blood as it helps so many people, but i just couldn't im terrified of needles and have a phobia of things touching my wrists/arms. I dont think i weigh enough either.

I have O negative blood which they are always in dire need of (universal donor!) so I donate frequently. We use a LOT of blood products on the transplant unit where I work so I feel it's the least I can do.

I would love to, but I've always been anemic and nothing I do seems to help :sad:

I carry an organ donor card with me at all times and have made my family promise to respect that, IF anything ever happens.

No, I'm so afraid of needles, I'm scared of blood tests.

I think I also don't weigh enough to donate blood lol. Last time I checked they had certain weight qualifications and I'm barely 90 lbs.

I have a few times. Whenever I hear of a blood drive on the tv I make an appointment. If you are going to donate blood, make an appointment or the wait will be about 2 hours, atleast in my experience.

I'm below the weight requirement, and I grew up in London, so they're afraid I have mad cow disease! (Hopefully I don't...) I think it's a great thing to donate blood, though.