Do you count people's items in the express checkout?

i turn people away if they have too many! weve had people have a right go at us before for this too, my mate had a man shouting at him because he had a small trolley full, far too much for our express tills, and a grown 40 yearish old man shouted at a 19year old lad for saying sorry! needless to say security got involved because this man was being verbally agressive

What drives me nuts is when I'll be in the express lane, and a big family would be in line, each one carrying ONE THING!

I don't say anything about it. It kind of pisses me off, but in the long run, is it really THAT big a deal? Honestly, I'd rather see that than a whole cart of stuff, WAY over the express line limit.

I count but would never say anything. I have also been guilty of bringing 12 in a 10 or less, and I will have to say if someone said something to me, I would tell them to kiss my ass. One time I had half a cart full and was waiting in the regular line when a store manager told me to go to a express, then a women came behind me and started *****ing. So you never know the situtation. And in the grand scheme of life, is waiting a few extra minutes really going to make or break your day? I always think things happen for a reason, and if I am really held up somewhere, I think, maybe I just missed getting in an accident or somethign!

I had a friend once who was in the express line at Ralph's - 10 items or less. My friend had made sure before getting into line that she wasn't over the limit. After waiting in line awhile, it was finally her turn. At that point, the woman behind her shouted at the cashier "isn't there a 10 item limit for this line?!" The cashier was polite and said that it's ok if it goes over 10 items by a bit. Anyway, my friend was like wth b/c she knew she only had 10, so as the cashier checked her out, she counted loudly "1, 2, 3..." When she got to 10 she turned around and glared at the woman. Hilarious. Learn to count woman.

i don't count other ppl's items but i make sure that my own is within the limit.

i once saw two women arguing and pushing around because one lady had 18 instead of 16. it was ridiculous!