Do you collect Chanel bags as well?

This is an old thread but here I go anyway...I have more than 25 Chanel bags and will keep all of them as I love them and use them. I agree with other posters that commented there is room for both Chanel and Hermes (and Bottega Veneta for that matter) in a well-appointed closet. I love them all!

Today I took my redish bags out. I was more Chanel in the past. Now I am turning to Hermes.

Do you keep Chanel red bags like me? I hardly wear these bags since I bought them. Should I keep these or part? And buy another H bags?

1. A red lambskin with gh
2. A burgundy caviar with sh
3. A burgundy lambskin with gh

When Kirsten Dunst shows up with the red Chanel lambskin bag, I couldn't really think to part with me..how funny! Lol (I have more Chanel bags that I just keep!)

How would you manage if you are in my situation?

My opinion is if you could afford to keep your collection (i mean $$$) by all mean keep it because chanel bags could sustain certain values and after you sold it, you may not get back certain design anymore & it's more expensive if you wanted it back next. Who knows maybe you would have daughters to ' hand me down' next time..he he

If you still want to part with it..pssst PM pls? ha ha I suggest u keep it

Hmm, makes me think about selling my bags that i hardly use too. But just don't know where to start. I'm not good with ebay. So where else can you sell you bags??? Can anyone give me some tips? I'm in Singapore.

nice thread from 2009. but i have just started liking chanel after looking into the bags. Lots of compartments, shoulder to hand to messenger carry options, outside pockets - something H doesn't have. I just bought a cambon tote and love it! love the comfiness on the shoulder, its lightness, compartments....

So i'm beginning my chanel journey as we speak.

but i will definitely not desert H

I would not say collect but I have 2 even though I don't think as them as I do of Hermes but...... Lately I like them more especially because of the leather inside and out and I think they have their moments the only thing is I have to wear the chain tied as a clutch or with a shortened chain because I am not a shoulder bag person I have even thought of having them cut and fixed by my repair man so that it stays like this because I never wear them on my shoulder or cross body. What do you think ??????

I do have some Chanels that I keep because I really love them and still uses them. If you don't find yourself using it then just let it go. I use my Hermes more than my Chanel of course. But sometimes if my outfits look better with a Chanel, then I will use my Chanel. Keep the bags you see yourself using in the long-run. If not just let it go.

I have 4 CHANEL handbag and 3 WOC. I still use them after I got a birkin and a kelly. They are classic, I can pass to my daughter all of them. Especially after Chanel raise their price madly since last year, I'd rather to keep them just in case my daughter want one later. :smile:

I seldom use mine, have a classic red, a black, both calf leather and navy porosus croc.
Matching gloves for the red and black classic. Worn them max twice!
Also have 2 mini elan porosus classic a brown and a black .. which btw has found it way into my sister's closet and haven't fount it's way home yet lol .. i need to install a tracker on all my bags:P

I seldom use mine, have a classic red, a black, both calf leather and navy porosus croc.
Also have 2 mini elan porosus classic a brown and a black .. which btw has found it way into my sister's closet and haven't fount it's way home yet lol .. i need to install a tracker on all my bags:P

I have too many chanel bags..maybe around 25-30 bags...i hardly use them now ..and i dont even stalk the chanel website like i use too...its all about H now... sigh... i dont know if i shud part with my bags or keep them for my girls when they grow up...theyre mostly classics bags, so i think it wud be better to keep them nicely in boxes and air them out once in a while and pass them to the next generation..by then chanel classic bags will be 10k im sure with prices increases:smile:

I buy both Hermes and Chanels... or whatever purse I fall in love with. However, recently only Chanels and Hermes have rocked my boat. I did purchase two Goyards a couple of weeks ago, the only non-Chanel/Hermes brand I've bought in months. I think each purse/brand I buy have their own niche in my collection. I love them all... which is bad, very bad for my pocketbook. I think I need to start thinning my collection out.

you have a fabulous collection fashO :yahoo:loves it!
your sis sure is a lucky gal! xoxo

i had a cavair woc from many years ago still minty new which i sold and a chanel wallet which i sold as well after falling in love with the kelly long wallet ;) i might do chanel again but in my part of the world, a lot of people carry them but no.1 is still LV

I have about 7 or 8 Chanel flaps left and they are great colors and special collector item ones so I will never part with them. I like Chanel flaps because like Hermes, they are also classic forever bags. They are also very comfortable to carry and unlike my Kelly bags, they are easy to get in and out of. Also very good weather proof bags in caviar leather. I now have more Hermes bags than Chanel but I did start off liking Chanel first.

thank you dear :hugs: .. oh i forgot I have two caviar shoulder totes w/ interchangeable leather/chain shoulder straps, picture it like the GP w/ a centered zippered compartment to keep for you eyes only stuff lol .. one black and one bordeaux .. can call this vintage now :P

LOVES LOVES the woc .. so convenient! .. hmmm .. have a mini belt classic too have to remind sister bcos can put iphone like the mini birkins that are due out now .. ahahaaa

Have gone thru stages and like you think I may pick up chanel every once in a while .. although I do play w/ it @ home *giggles*

i haven't been a LV fan for about a dozen+ yrs :O( still not

you have a fabulous collection fashO :yahoo:loves it!
your sis sure is a lucky gal! xoxo

i had a cavair woc from many years ago still minty new which i sold and a chanel wallet which i sold as well after falling in love with the kelly long wallet ;) i might do chanel again but in my part of the world, a lot of people carry them but no.1 is still LV