Do you collect Chanel bags as well?

Always the contrarian around here, I bought my first Chanel AFTER buying only Hermes for ten years. However the bag was something totally different than anything Hermes makes, and I use it for a completely different purpose. For the space that both Hermes and Chanel occupy (for instance, medium classic flap vs. 32 kelly bag), I would generally opt for Hermes. Chanel tends to be more contemporary and fashion forward. Hermes tends to be extremely classic - at times almost old fashioned. Not that there is anything wrong with that! My point being, there is room for both in a well appointed closet.

I collect both. They are completely different bags, and I love them both. I adore the reissue 2.55s (versatile, and can be edgy as well as classic) and I prefer the Chanel clutches for the evening.

Yes- I love both Chanel and H. Totally different functions for me. I tend to use my Chanel as evening bags. I also love Chanel's snake or fur bags. Yes I have "unusual" taste haha!

I bought Chanel before I ever bought Hermes. I really did enjoy it then. Now I'm at the point that I'm ready to find a new home for my classic Chanel flap. I'm just not into the brand anymore. I do still like my other Chanel bag though. But for me it's just that my love of Hermes has usurped any feelings I had for Chanel.

I bought a GORGEOUS Chanel timeless classic medium flap in silver smooshy lambskin today!:drool::drool::drool: I am in LOVE!!!!! I really buy what I need for certain styles/looks. My fuschia could have covered the look I wanted for this top I bought but the Chanel looked so much better/Hotter!!!! I think that silver in H is WAY TOO hard to find!!! :shocked:

I bought a GORGEOUS Chanel timeless classic medium flap in silver smooshy lambskin today!:drool::drool::drool: I am in LOVE!!!!! I really buy what I need for certain styles/looks. My fuschia could have covered the look I wanted for this top I bought but the Chanel looked so much better/Hotter!!!! I think that silver in H is WAY TOO hard to find!!! :shocked:

I just saw those yesterday. Striking.

Today I took my redish bags out. I was more Chanel in the past. Now I am turning to Hermes.

Do you keep Chanel red bags like me? I hardly wear these bags since I bought them. Should I keep these or part? And buy another H bags?

1. A red lambskin with gh
2. A burgundy caviar with sh
3. A burgundy lambskin with gh

When Kirsten Dunst shows up with the red Chanel lambskin bag, I couldn't really think to part with me..how funny! Lol (I have more Chanel bags that I just keep!)

How would you manage if you are in my situation?
love it

I have 4 Chanel bags and plan to keep them all. My true love is for H but my Chanels hold a special place in my heart too. I like to wear my Chanel flaps for an evening out and I use my WOC for fast running in and out of stores when I cannot be bothered to carry a bag in my hand or on shoulder. I sometimes place my WOC inside my B too. If you do not have to sell them, I would keep at least one red Chanel. A great Chanel red is hard to beat! HTH