Do you check in your LV luggage?

1. :wondering I was just wondering if you ladies and gents check your LV luggage when traveling? Aren't you afraid of it being mishandled? I've seen some very nice bags in your collection-- of course making me want to run right out and buy some luggage!! Thanks!! :p
  2. I never check my LV--carry on only for me!
  3. I am the same way as Sofibella! I rarely check bags, but if I had to, it sure as hell wouldn't be one of my Vuittons!
  4. i would never check an LV if had one. that's why the only luggage i want is a keepall 55. my luggage is always so beat to heck when i pick it up at baggage claim. i would cry if that happened to an LV.
    sparkle67 likes this.
  5. I don't own any LV luggage but if I did I would never check it. I do check my Samsonite luggage and have never had any problems but I would be paranoid if I checked more expensive luggage.
  6. There is really no point in buying really nice anything if you are going to check it. They have beaten the bejeezus out of every bag I have ever checked. I can appreciate that they have to work quickly, but it has to take a lot of force to rip off metal zipper pulls. :mad:
  7. I don't own any LV luggage yet, but I have been thinking about getting a Keepall for travel. The last time I took a trip, I managed to get all my belongings into one large duffel bag. I think I will have no problem doing this with a Keepall. That way I don't have to bother with checking anything. I guess I am just a light packer.
  8. If I had any, I wouldn't.
    sparkle67 likes this.
  9. i wouldn't either. plenty of times i've traveled and check my luggage in, when i got it back there's always some kind of damage to it.
  10. When I go to France, I see the French checking their LV luggage all the time. Don't see Americans doing it, though.
    sparkle67 likes this.
  11. if I had LV luggage, I wouldn't check it. it screams "break in and rob me" all over it. and you can't lock your luggage up anymore post 9/11. hence, if I ever buy LV luggage, it will have to be carry on only.
  12. I wouldn't risk it.. there are dishonest airport employees around the world, and I wouldn't risk having a $1000+ bag/suitcase get stolen or robbed with all of my stash in it.. I was thinking of getting a pegase, but after I asked here I concluded that I was better off with a keepall, and so I bought it and I'm so happy with it (although I've only carried it on one flight - the one from the country where I bought it). But anyways, you should get a nice keepall (55 or smaller) if you want LV-luggage, they are nice to carry around.
  13. I will only check in if the size of the luggages are too big to be carry on. I've checked in my Pegase 70 only and rarely do I check in anything else. In terms of travelling more than 1 week, I will have 2 Pegase 60s carry on with us (my partner) and maybe another small keepall or Alize with me.

Also, I've bought luggage covers for the check-in luggages. This owner of this Website knows me too well by now.

They have lots of transparents plastic-looking cover made specifically any luggages in various models and brands.

ilzabet likes this.
  14. I have heard that airport baggage handlers are notorious rough on designer luggage, especially Louis Vuitton. ;) I would avoid checking it if I could!
  15. I don't know! I am seriously considering getting 2 pegase 70's to check, but only in Damier- it's much more discreet. (do baggage handlers know Damier is by Vuitton?)