Do you celebrate Women's Day in your country?

1. Tomorrow we (in Ukraine, Russia, Belorussia) celebrate Women's Day, the 8th of March. It's a national holiday, a day off, all the men present women flowers, candies etc. The thing is that we studied at aschool that it's an international holiday. Does anyone celebrate this holiday?

2. We don't have this in the US. We have Mother's Day and Valentine's Day. I think that's the closest.

3. Hi there, I am a Russian and live in the UK. Its not a holiday here which is not a big deal for me...
    As far as I know it is a national holiday and a day off in Azerbaijan and Angola.

4. Not a Holiday here.
    ours are Eid Ramadan & Eid Adha.

5. We really should have one, women have worked so hard in the USA and many other countries that we should celebrate a holiday.

6. Very good idea!

7. Hm, Valentine's day is the closest thing to a day where women get the most praises, however its not comprable to your holiday for a difference in ethical reasons

8. We have 8th march and there are some small markings like parades etc, but it's no big deal.

9. I think if you asked men in the US, some might say everyday is Women's Day...:lol:

10. 8 march is definitely "everyday" for my hubby, bless him !

11. Yes, we just got a rose at work.

12. Yes but no holiday...

13. i don't even know!

14. lol, today (march 8) is my boyfriend's birthday - so no gifts for me! but the other 364 days of the year are just lovely enough to be womens' day, haha.

15. Happy Women's day! romanians are celebrating too:flowers: