Do you Believe in Law of Attraction?

That's the key. It does work.

What I stated is not what the Law of Attraction encourages. It's part, but it's more than that. As evident from the OP's initial post. What I stated is part of being a positive, yet realistic person.

OP, you're not doing anything wrong. Like I said, sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't. There's no secret to it. Just be a positive person, but understand that you can't always get what you want/need.

Reactions: DStuyvesant
I think with anything you have to balance envisioning with doing. It's a constant flow that needs to happen in order to move forward: you experience something in life, you then reflect on that experience and learn from it and envision what you want next based on that wisdom/embody it. Then armed with that new wisdom and vision, you act in the world again and gain more experience. You reflect again, gain wisdom, envision what you want next, and then act again... repeat, repeat.

So yes, envisioning and thinking positively (not self sabotaging) is important, but then so is following that up with action.

A funny example: years ago a friend was in between jobs and I asked her how it was going. She said she was optimistic because she just went to see a Yoruban seer/healer who do some special ritual to help her get a job. I said: "Okay, that's great! And now armed with the backing of the universe, how many resumes have you sent out?"

It's fine to believe in it, to envision it, to think positively. I'd never nay say any of that. But you have to follow it up with action/doing. You can be both inspired and practical at the same time, and in fact, you should be.

What I stated is not what the Law of Attraction encourages. It's part, but it's more than that. As evident from the OP's initial post. What I stated is part of being a positive, yet realistic person.

OP, you're not doing anything wrong. Like I said, sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't. There's no secret to it. Just be a positive person, but understand that you can't always get what you want/need.

I agree with Charles. The most successful people I know (a) identify what they want/need, (b) put legs on it by talking to people, doing the work, going above and beyond, and making other people successes along the way, and (c) they love people, know people, meet people and make their lives about people long before they need anything from anyone. And yes, they're always positive in the face of rejection after loss after failure after setback - they know what they want, they work smart, and when something's negotiable, they'll finesse it, but if it's not, they'll batter down a brick wall with kind persistence when necessary.

No one received happiness from the universe by thinking great thoughts and sitting at home watching soaps, KWIM? My mom always said, "If it were easy, everyone would do it." Having a great life is not always easy - neither are strong, long-term relationships; solid financial foundations; perfect hair days, etc.... :shrugs: Sadly.

For the things that happened in life, I think it can be true. But I feel like it is more of a premonition. For example, why do we at times get the bad thought. Or that negative feeling . Did that bad thing happen because we thought negative or did that bad feeling come as a warning of the bad thing that will happen.

It really scares me how many times I thought of something bad happening and then it did happen. Did I get that thought because I knew what was going to happen right before it happened. But this only happens when I dont really think about it consciously, only after the bad thing happened will I remember that I thought of the bad thing right before it happened.

LOL, sorry for going deep, but I like over thinking. :smile:

For the things that happened in life, I think it can be true. But I feel like it is more of a premonition. For example, why do we at times get the bad thought. Or that negative feeling . Did that bad thing happen because we thought negative or did that bad feeling come as a warning of the bad thing that will happen.

Bad things are inevitable, otherwise we wouldn't gain inner strength and life experience. We would take everything for granted because we wouldn't know how crappy things can be. I think that bad gut feeling we get is simply our bodies talking to us, "Get ready." Then maybe you won't get your hopes way up for something that will have a bad outcome regardless, you'll be more prepared for whatever bad thing is happening.

Bad things are inevitable, otherwise we wouldn't gain inner strength and life experience. We would take everything for granted because we wouldn't know how crappy things can be. I think that bad gut feeling we get is simply our bodies talking to us, "Get ready." Then maybe you won't get your hopes way up for something that will have a bad outcome regardless, you'll be more prepared for whatever bad thing is happening.

I don't think those are the bad gut feelings she's talking about. She's talking about when you just know, it's in your gut. For some of these things, I think our subconscious picks up cues that we don't necessarily pay attention to, or they are too subtle to infer anything from. And our subconscious puts them together and then warns our bodies.

I think eventually everything will be explained by science. But that doesn't mean that what is currently outside of our grasp of knowledge given our current scientific tools isn't really happening. I also think there is a subtle play going on between envisioning what you want and thinking about its possibilities and then noticing more opportunities for making it happen.

All that said, to me there is no conflict between the magical and the concrete. I enjoy the magical and both believe in and don't believe in it. Or rather, it doesn't take me having to believe in it to enjoy it and practice it (such as positive thinking, active embodiment, talking to faeries :biggrin:).

That's because the Secret is based on lies and falsehoods. Do some research on it and you'll see that none of it is based on any shred of science or meets with any sort of legitimate scrutiny.

If you want something in life, have a positive attitude and work for it. Sometimes you'll get it, sometimes you won't.

yep, what he said. I do believe in the power of thinking positively and not giving up on your hopes and dreams. But I also think that life just happens and sometimes no matter what you're looking for you find something else. I did not want to even bother with men after I broke it off with my ex and met one two weeks later, and not the kind of man I wanted to meet either. No way in hell did I attract him into my life.

That's because the Secret is based on lies and falsehoods. Do some research on it and you'll see that none of it is based on any shred of science or meets with any sort of legitimate scrutiny.

If you want something in life, have a positive attitude and work for it. Sometimes you'll get it, sometimes you won't.

LMAO, I read part of it, and when I got stuck in traffic almost everyday going to school with no chance that my "thinking" positive will ever change that traffic. I was like naaaaaaaaaa. LOL

I think it is dangerous believing this kind of things and actually trusting your life in what they say. "Manifesting" ? Really? There are things we can control and things we can't. This is how life works. We can control things in a degree with the decisions we make, but not everything is up to our decisions or wishes and hopes. World doesn't work this way. Think in bigger scales outside your self. Did ppl who suffered from war and oppression ever wished for it, and is it fair to say "they had it coming"?
What I really believe in is reality check and escaping the usual "not seeing the forest for the trees". Think in larger scales, not everything is revolving around one's self and not everything can be be influenced by single units. Accept that some things can't change and it is best to make do with things you have instead of being greedy and ungrateful. Bad things will happen no matter what and usually when we least expect them. Life in unpredictable, and the sooner one realizes it the easier it gets.

Reactions: DStuyvesant
I think it is dangerous believing this kind of things and actually trusting your life in what they say. "Manifesting" ? Really? There are things we can control and things we can't. This is how life works. We can control things in a degree with the decisions we make, but not everything is up to our decisions or wishes and hopes. World doesn't work this way. Think in bigger scales outside your self. Did ppl who suffered from war and oppression ever wished for it, and is it fair to say "they had it coming"?
What I really believe in is reality check and escaping the usual "not seeing the forest for the trees". Think in larger scales, not everything is revolving around one's self and not everything can be be influenced by single units. Accept that some things can't change and it is best to make do with things you have instead of being greedy and ungrateful. Bad things will happen no matter what and usually when we least expect them. Life in unpredictable, and the sooner one realizes it the easier it gets.

:goodpost: :heart: :tup: I predict this post being cut and pasted into other threads many many times in the future....

I agree with Charles. The most successful people I know (a) identify what they want/need, (b) put legs on it by talking to people, doing the work, going above and beyond, and making other people successes along the way, and (c) they love people, know people, meet people and make their lives about people long before they need anything from anyone. And yes, they're always positive in the face of rejection after loss after failure after setback - they know what they want, they work smart, and when something's negotiable, they'll finesse it, but if it's not, they'll batter down a brick wall with kind persistence when necessary.

No one received happiness from the universe by thinking great thoughts and sitting at home watching soaps, KWIM? My mom always said, "If it were easy, everyone would do it." Having a great life is not always easy - neither are strong, long-term relationships; solid financial foundations; perfect hair days, etc.... :shrugs: Sadly.

Yes, this!