Do you ALWAYS get slogged with Customs Duty?

1. I have just ordered a Bbag from Barneys and it's being sent internationally with a tracking number. What's your experience with customs fees? Have you even gotten away with it? :shrugs:
  2. Personal shipments- yup, have gotten away without paying many times:yes: !
    From Aloha Rag- they declared the value lower which was awesome. I think I only paid $52 on a City! I know that it depends entirely on the amount they decalre. My sense is that Barney's is going to put the full value so you'll be paying duty and GST...but it'll still be cheaper than buying it in Oz plus tax (you have the same problem with high pricing as we do here in Canada)...
  3. In Canada you can never ever ever EVER evade customs if its coming from a store... all i can say is, GOOD LUCK! and i hope its better in OZ
  4. I think that Australia is a little more lieniant...

I think if they declare lower amount, say its second hand etc it's usually fine for Australia.

I will let you know when I get my Rouge VIF City at the end of this week...
  5. Yes :sad:
  6. Yes, I'm always getting hit with Customs Fees... I'm sad about it for like a little bit but then it blows over once I rip open the box and welcome my b-bag into my life! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
  7. My Rouge VIF City has arrived from Hong Kong, and no Customs dramas at all...

Hope it works out the same 4 u... good luck
  8. You probably know about this already, but if the value of the item is less than $1000 AUD, then Australian customs will not charge duty or GST. There is something on their website about it, and a thread on the vogue forum.

Now it just comes down to asking for a value less than $1000 to be declared:graucho:
  9. Nope, didnt know that

10. Thanks for the advice!
  11. Thanks for letting me know xoxox
  12. If you order through Barneys, chances are you will be hit by customs as they always declare the full value on the FedEx forms. Sick I know, and FedEx will even charge you interest if you don't pay them back the customs fees. Double sick.
  13. ^^ nope, never (phew!!!) :sweatdrop: :tender: :amuse:
  14. What about custom fees in the UK? I am an american living in the uk and want to order from aloha rag. What kind of custom fees would I be looking at for a city? Thanks for any help that you can give me.