Do people stare and check out your LV?

Thanks gang...I am not use to all of the attention with the LV mono canvas. My Gucci's and Prada's are only recognized by die hard handbag fanatics so these glances have me taken aback. LV is easy to spot hence the glances. With all my Gucci's and Prada's you have to check out details, guccissima leather, plaques ect. unless you know your handbags. I can spot all designer handbags easily...I just not use to my handbag being so visible.

I sometimes notice the blatant stares but I just ignore it. What really infuriated me once was when a waitress at a restaurant had the ovaries enough to ask me if my bag was real? Where did I get it? How much did I pay for it? Did I feel like it was "worth it"? When I wiped the shocked look off of my face after the first question, I simply answered, "It is, the LV Boutique in Atlanta, quite expensive, to me it was worth it, to someone else it may not be, thank you for asking". What I really wanted to say was "Go #$#^%^& yourself with such a rude question and don't spit in my food before you bring it out to me!".

Yesterday I was at a store and this lady(carrying a cheap burbury) was checking out my bag and then she gave me a dirty look and smug grin. Not sure what that was about. Usually people notice my LV but, are relatively neutral. This lady must have been about 40 and I did not quite get her attitude. My bags are authentic and are absolutely gorgeous. Maybe she was jealous or does not like LV. Regardless why be so blantantly obvious.

I don't pay too much attention, but I think I notice more people looking that work in the Dept. stores I shop in than anything else. I personally like to compliment people on their bags if I notice a nice one, but I def. don't scope people out....BTW, what do you mean by "cheap burbury" though? Do you mean Burberry, because FYI they aren't that cheap, as a matter of fact a few years back they were very similar in price to LV, LV has just increased the $$ of their bags at a higher rate.....:wtf: I don't think we should reference any designer bag on this forum like that, respect the bags :yes: (unless they're fake:lol: )

First of all, I agree with Lola, respect the bag as long as it's real

Sometime I notice people stare but most the time yes I am in my own little world.
I always try to give other people complement when I like their bag.

When people said "Love your bag" and I say " thanks, me too" LOL

hmmm.... I let them stare..... and when the person (usually a woman) is done checking it out, usually he/she turns up to check out my face which is the perfect time for me to give a smirk lol...... it's like, "ya...you done looking? you can stare at it for 10 mins and it'll STILL be AUTHENTIC! :biggrin:"

And yes, I completely agree with you guys when it comes to complimenting others. However, for me, it's only certain items that make me go WOW! Like this other time, this woman had a really GORGEOUS shiny blue patent leather Gucci wallet.... stunning!

I don't pay too much attention, but I think I notice more people looking that work in the Dept. stores I shop in than anything else. I personally like to compliment people on their bags if I notice a nice one, but I def. don't scope people out....BTW, what do you mean by "cheap burbury" though? Do you mean Burberry, because FYI they aren't that cheap, as a matter of fact a few years back they were very similar in price to LV, LV has just increased the $$ of their bags at a higher rate.....:wtf: I don't think we should reference any designer bag on this forum like that, respect the bags :yes: (unless they're fake:lol: )

Hi Lola,

Yes...I meant fake in my lingo any bag called cheap or tacky is in reference to a fake. Next time I will add the word fake so there is no ambiguity. I love Burberry and there was a bag that was in all there fall ads that I adore. You know the one with the gold chain. Being new to LV and generally the type of person who wears more discreet and less obvious bags it is interesting that people are drawn to LV. I guess the fact that the mono canvas is recognizable it makes obvious. Prada, Gucci and Chanel have many styles that are not has noticeable unless you are a fashionista like me then you know all the designer handbags. In my town there in no LV sold so, maybe it makes it more flashy. Anyhow I love handbags just not weird looks. If you like something smile make a nice comment. If you do not like something do nothing in my opinion. Thanks for your comments:smile: .

p.s. maybe because there are so many fakes people who do not know authentic ones assume it is a fake wanna be bag...or maybe they recognize that it is really and they think snob...who knows...who cares....

naa, everyone assumes all LVs are fake here. No one ever thinks they're real so no one ever notices because they don't know the difference between real and fake. But I know and it is funny to be able and tell who has a fake bag :yahoo:

There is this woman who lives in the same building as me who I is always in the same elevator as me...she loves staring at my LVs; in a very appreciative way. My boyfriend said when she saw my Saleya her jaw hit the ground...hehehe. Usually it's me who does the staring when authentic LV, Hermes etc are in sight :graucho:

Hi Lola,

Yes...I meant fake in my lingo any bag called cheap or tacky is in reference to a fake. Next time I will add the word fake so there is no ambiguity. I love Burberry and there was a bag that was in all there fall ads that I adore. You know the one with the gold chain. Being new to LV and generally the type of person who wears more discreet and less obvious bags it is interesting that people are drawn to LV. I guess the fact that the mono canvas is recognizable it makes obvious. Prada, Gucci and Chanel have many styles that are not has noticeable unless you are a fashionista like me then you know all the designer handbags. In my town there in no LV sold so, maybe it makes it more flashy. Anyhow I love handbags just not weird looks. If you like something smile make a nice comment. If you do not like something do nothing in my opinion. Thanks for your comments:smile: .

p.s. maybe because there are so many fakes people who do not know authentic ones assume it is a fake wanna be bag...or maybe they recognize that it is really and they think snob...who knows...who cares....

Yeah, I know what you mean, when "non designer purse" (for lack of a better phrase) people see LV they kinda know what it is, and then sometimes they want to look harder to see if they can tell if it's real:upsidedown: but if they see a Balenciaga, or a Tod's for example, they don't really think it's a rather expensive designer bag, which I kinda like.....I've had A LOT of people be like "oh your bag is so cute, where did you get it?" looking @ like my Balenciaga.....I'll tell them Balenciaga in NY or Barney's and they're like Huh?? like they expected me to say JC Penny or something:lol:

In my town the closest LV use to be about 1 1/2 hours away but finally there is one about 35 minutes away:yahoo: but anyway there are still tons of "purse parties" (like the fake bag version of mary kay) so it seems like everyone has fake LV...it's kinda funny.....I'll have some people ask me why my bag is sooo nice compared to theirs, sometimes I'll say I dunno, sometimes I'll say because mine is REAL:Push: