Do Kinoki Foot Pads work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They are supposed to naturally draw toxins out of your body while you sleep.
    info @
  2. I would be very wary of the claims made by the makers of this product.

For example: They make claims such as "It contains IONS for a healthier body, etc". It contains ions of what? Mercury? Lead? Nitrogen? Uranium?

You see, an ion is an atom that has lost or gained an electron - that's all. The claim might as well be that it cotains "Molecules for a healthier body".

Bottom line - stay away from pseudo science & claims that sound too good to be true and too easy to be real.
  3. Have you seen the commercial? I got sucked into watching it the other night and as soon as I heard, "You can get Kinoki foot pads for only $19.95, But wait! call now and we'll double your offer and if you ever need more WE WILL SEND YOU A FREE SUPPLY FOR LIFE,:lol::roflmfao: just pay shipping and handling and if thats not enough they also throw in a "$40" foot scrub cream for FREE! I knew this was a scam. :lol:

Also it shows FDA REGISTERED in big yellow letters but right under it says, "The FDA has not approved the product to treat or cure disease" In small white letters, so what that your FDA Registered :rolleyes: Anyone can be FDA Registered

Foot detox scam

A patient of mine recently brought a leaflet advertising “foot detoxifcation” asking me if it will help her illness.
    The brochure claims the device will “detoxify” your body by immersing your feet in it. The brochure is even so bold as to deny that they are “not linked with the recent media reports on foot spa services being investigated by the Ministry” and even has pictures of two alleged medical doctors in the brochure to claim “product genuity and reliability”
    They even have a website which denies their product is a scam. However, while one section of the website states that “As a company we do not claim that we can cure disease by soaking the feet in water”, another section of the website has the usual “testimonials” of people with various “disorders” like migraine (see pic), kulit gatal-gatal and even “severe gout” allegedly obtaining benefit from its use.
    People, a scam is a scam is a scam. Surely you cannot be so gullible to believe that by soaking your feet in this contraption your body will be “detoxified”? The public may be swayed by the water “miraculously” turning brown or black in colour.
    Someone has offered a simple explanation on How Foot Detox Works:
    The scam vendors advertised these devices as aqua chi machine, bio electrical biofeedback machine, foot spa, energy spa, super detox foot bath . They also advertise the scam as a service such as bio-detox, aqua detox, aqua spa, emerald detox, platinum detox.
    In essence, the foot bath contains a low voltage/amperage AC to DC transformer attached to ferrous electrodes.
    The process is basically electrolysis of water, a typical high school experiment, with a twist.
    The brown “toxins” you see is from the rust generated by the corrosion of the iron electrodes. The different variations in color can be accounted by varying amount of salt added to the water and variations in the compositions of the electrodes.
    It’s a simple chemical reaction folks. Don’t be gullible and fall for this BS!
    Addendum 9/11/5: (Link pointed out by Jimmy Chew)
    The Aqua Detox Scam in Devicewatch: further explanation of how it works:
    Many skeptics suspected that the color change produced by the Aqua Detox was caused by rust (oxidized iron), rather than toxins. Ben Goldacre, who writes the “bad science” column for Guardian Unlimited (an online British newspaper), investigated by using a car battery to send current through two metal nails that he placed into a bowl of salt water. The water turned brown and developed some sludge on top. Then he sent a colleague to get “detoxed” and collect before-and-after water samples. Laboratory testing showed that in both cases, the change of water color was due to greatly increased iron content [7]. Thus it appears that (a) the color change is due mainly to the precipitation of rust created by corrosion of the electrodes, and (b) the water would change color regardless of whether or not a foot was placed in it.
  4. Thanks Allin!

I joined just for the answer to this[?] ...I will be returning for other factoids and points of interest.

This is a forum worth joining.

TenFeet2Hands :tup:
  5. This is weird. When I go to I get a site that sells a less expensive brand of detox patches. What happened?
  6. Bottom line about "detox" products--they are not necessary. Your body rids itself of so called "toxins" through feces, urine, and sweat. Your colon and intestines do not need to be "cleansed," and it is dangerous for anyone to attempt to "keep it clean" with colonics. Most of the major nutrients are absorbed via the intestines.
  7. I thought it was all a hoax too until I did some research and found out that Avon and CVS are selling them. See for yourself by going to and search for "detox patches". For CVS click here .

Why would a 120 year old company and one of the largest drug store chain promote a hoax? Do you think that they would verify the product's efficacy before they put their reputation on it? Please share your thoughts.
  8. I bought them last year on eBay and they work just like the commercials show. You put the pads on at night and in the morning they turn a different color. It's basically a chemical reaction that works with sweat. It does NOT pull out any significant toxin amounts and they are pretty messy. :tdown: My heels would be sticky in the morning with a glue residue that I had to scrub off with a loofah and brush.

The pads are a waste of money.:yes:
  9. ive alwasys wondered if these things worked
  10. Excellent information Allin, I know I can speak for many of the members when I say we appreciate your post.
  11. Uh, kids...

After seeing this and all, I decided to try something... I taped a plain gauze pad to my foot, covered it with a sock, and slept. The pad was filthy dirty when I took it off.

methinks scam.
  12. LOL I just saw a commercial for this. I noticed this thread has over 17,000 views. Wow!
  13. my mother is pretty sick and the doctors don't know what's wrong, they say she "might have toxins in her body". I thought this might work, tks, now I know better.

14. Hey Allin,

The test you quoted doesn't prove anything. Where does it say they did a test using the components in the Kinoki pads? Sounds like your just a skeptical person who doesn't believe in any natural type products. I have run into many like yourself over the years.

I am a chemist and have run tests on the makeup of these pads...not the TV advertised ones, but the ones from These are probably the same as the TV hyped ones, but much cheaper.

Anyhow, I have run tests to make sure the pads contain the claimed ingredients and they do. Also, I ran tests on the pads after having used them on my feet and shoulders, and I can say unequivically that they do in fact contain metals and impurities such as aluminum, iron, arsinic, lead, mercury and others. These kinds of impurities simply cannot me produced out of what they put in these pads.

So where does all that stuff come from? My socks? I didn't where any, and my feet were covered by surgeons socks which are sterile and let nothing in.

So people, I can tell you this; do go and buy these things. They really work as claimed.

One last opinion. The TV ad claims that with several uses the pads end up coming off your foot cleaner and cleaner. If there was some kind of chem color reaction to the ingredients in the pads with each other, don't you think the pads would always remain dirty...even after using them for a month?

Nope. They get cleaner with use because there is no longer the same amount of impurities being removed through the skin.

Use your minds and don't believe the gibberish some people will tell you.

Allin, the only credentials you have are those of a huge skeptic and you have no right ruining other people's chance at better health.

That is my take and it is proven and truth....and backed with tests and analysis.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.