do i really need a red bag?

1. okay, i am contemplating a bright red bag. if you have one, do you really use it? i've always been a black or brown or beige kind of girl. it's so cute but i don't want to waste money on a bag that will sit in the closet.
  2. yeah i feel the same about a turquoise/bright blue/atlantic bag.
    so tempting but i worry about the practicality.
  3. I love color!

A friend of mine is in love with red...I gave her a red leather bag that I had in my closet forever and she carries it everyday! I am one that now carries according to season...I have a lime green bag that I will carry throughout the entire summer season!

As always, it is up to your own personal preference!

Good luck deciding!
  4. I'm not a red person at all, so I'd say no. I know I should never say never, but I really feel I'd never get a red bag just because I'm not fond of the color itself. But I know a lot of women on here would say yes!!

If you're looking to add some color to your collection, maybe you could start off slow by getting a blue or white bag. Those two colors go beautifully with everything. Or you can buy charms/keyfobs/scarves to add color. Maybe you could get a red scarf to go on a bag and see how you like it first.
  5. we could be "afraid of color" twins! LOl....I just posted a thread about my impulse eBay purchase. A Soho hobo in red signature. I got a great deal so I'm keeping her no matter what, but I was wondering the same thing. When will I wear this? I, myself am a RED person. Its my fave color so you can imagine how I ooh and aah over the Ergo red patent hobo whenever I see one!:heart: I've ALWAYS wanted that bag but hesitate because I don't want to spend that much money on a bag that may just sit in the closet. :wtf: I guess thats why I play it safe and buy neutral bags only. If I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on a bag, I better be using it! answer your question, if you see yourself using it regularly...then go for it! I tend to be a one-bag-gal. I don't switch my purses out like a lot of girls do. If you switch your bags out regularly, then you should go for it if your really want one.
  6. I almost bought a red soho flap at the outlet.. I thought it was adorable and just fun and different. I sat go for it, and enjoy it! :tup: The only reason I didnt' is because I am lame :p and I only have like 2 bags. :nuts:
  7. I say if it's a good deal, then go for the red (good "pop" of color in your collection). You can always use it when you wear a white shirt w/ blue or black jeans or even when you wear all black or all blue, etc. I tend to wear neutral colors so my red purse gives the right amount of "pop" to my outfit. And it's always a plus for my Holiday attire. Good luck on your decision!
  8. I just bought one but I am not allowed to use until Feb. So I say go for it.
  9. i just bought one today...a coach hobo for $79!!! I don't wear red, but this gives me a reason...I think theres nothing wrong with wearing a red purse with black...just makes you stand out a little more...nothing wrong with it...if you decide you don't like can always sell it
  10. I have a red bag, it was my first Coach given to me by my mom and I love it! It is pretty small so I use it for going out. A little pop of color is always good!
  11. I was totally like you. I had only black and brown bags, but I got it in my head that I needed a pop of color. I found a great red bag that I picked up two weeks ago - a red gallery tote. I never dreamed I would love a red bag (or any bag for that matter) as much as I adore this one. Plus, I get a ton of complements on it. The thing is really more of a neutral than what I thought. I know that sounds weird, but it seems to match just about everything.

12. I think red is definitely a good idea to have. I have a red lunch tote and get quite a bit of use out of it. Red bags look amazing with jeans and a white shirt!
  13. If you find a great red bag buy it. It's easy to find black/brown/beige bags but harder to find a perfect red.
    You will use it!:yes:
  14. You know, it took me FOREVER to break out of the black and brown only mode, but I'm so glad that I have! I have a lovely green leather satchel that I get loads of compliments on. I'd say go for it!
  15. Get that red bag! Everyone needs a pop of color every now and then. Some of us more than others. I carried my Magenta Bleeker for a week and this week I am carrying my
    Bleeker Canary Duffle. I love color and embrace it!