Do girls still join sororities?

At my college 65% of girls are in a sorority.. it's a HUGE greek scene. I think the south is probably one of the strongholds of greek life in the US. And LOL I think you all can tell what sorority I pledged :lol:

Stllove ~ I Know Many Who Pledged Sophmore Year. It's Actually A Good Idea. Gives You Time To Find Yourself As A College Student First!

What Can I Tell You....I Loved Rush & I Love To Meet All The Girls Interested In Pledging. & It's Very Natural To Be A Little Nervous ~ Because, It's A New Thing!!! :smile:

Do You Have One Sorority You Are Interesting In? Or More Than One??? I Think You Know Who You Love (Which Sorority) When You Meet Them! :smile:

If Have Any Questions...Feel Free To Ask....OK?!!!!! You Are Going To Do Fantastic!!! :smile:

Now That I Said It ~ AKA Is Fushia & Green?.....We Are Emerald & Gold....We Use Kelly Green With Like A Dark Gold ~ For Once, I Can Say This Season It's Cute!!!!! LOL!

Vickitoria ~ Brown Can Be Good.....What Is Mode?

i pledged as a second semester freshman, but i always new i wanted to be an AKA.
the norm is to pledge your second year. correct me if i am wrong as to now i am an oldie.
this way you would have established an excellent GPA and would have researched and familiarized yourself with all of the organizations and have decided which one has captivated your heart.
you will know when that moment comes.

bagluv said:
Stllove ~ I Know Many Who Pledged Sophmore Year. It's Actually A Good Idea. Gives You Time To Find Yourself As A College Student First!

What Can I Tell You....I Loved Rush & I Love To Meet All The Girls Interested In Pledging. & It's Very Natural To Be A Little Nervous ~ Because, It's A New Thing!!! :smile:

Do You Have One Sorority You Are Interesting In? Or More Than One??? I Think You Know Who You Love (Which Sorority) When You Meet Them! :smile:

If Have Any Questions...Feel Free To Ask....OK?!!!!! You Are Going To Do Fantastic!!! :smile:

Thanks for your vote of confidence! We had informal meetings with all the sororities (we have KKG, DG, Chi O, A Chi O, Pi Phi and Theta) and I really liked two of them...but who knows. I'm just so nervous and hope everything will turn out alright. I know that even if I rush and don't end up pledging at least I'll have met a few new people in the process.

bagluv said:
Now That I Said It ~ AKA Is Fushia & Green?.....We Are Emerald & Gold....We Use Kelly Green With Like A Dark Gold ~ For Once, I Can Say This Season It's Cute!!!!! LOL!

Vickitoria ~ Brown Can Be Good.....What Is Mode?

actually salmon pink and candy apple green are the correct colors.:flowers:

I loved my time in my sorority (Phi Sigma Sigma :love: at Sacramento State)!!! I made the best of friends and always had a full schedule!!!

Rush was always my favorite time of the year!! While it was always crazy and hectic I had a great time getting to meet all new girls. I just loved the whole process!!

Stllove...I think you made the right decision to wait until your sophmore year. You are going to have so much fun!!! Go in with an open mind about each and try to go where you feel the most comfortable. :flowers:

Awww...I miss sorority :crybaby:

i had left school for a while and returned as a returning student. i was amazed at how much the entire Greek system had changed.

funny because when i returned to school, i had my daughter and for the longest that was all she talked about. being an AKA when she grew up and wearing that pink and green. i wonder how she feels now?hmmmm