Do any of you have a phobia about vomiting?

i used to be like this when i was younger, i guess i was traumatized at a young age because my mom puked A LOT while she was preggers with my younger brother (i was 5 at the time) and all i remember from that age was her loudly puking in the bathroom (at the time we lived in a tiny apt with only 1 bathroom. growing up i always told my mom i never ever wanted to be pregnant and ahve kids because i didn't want to spend 9 months of my life puking . LOL.

anywho, that has changed a lot since getting preggo myself for the first time..in the past 3 months i have puked about a dozen times..which is more times i have puked in the past 20 years. so for me, morning sickness was a crash course in puking and getting over it. lol. after puking i always felt 1000x better so now i just have the attitude that if i get sick i get sick and that's that, move on. the only thing that worries me now is getting sick in front of other peeps (like in a car, or at a party) and the embarrassment of it. now that i'm showing though that too has lessened, i figure people will see i'm preggo and just feel sorry for me. :smile: i totally agree with Jenny McCarthy (in Belly Laughs) when she said the annoying part about morning sickness was that if you end up puking in an aisle at the grocery store, most passersby are just weirded out/sickened and don't really have any compassion for u cuz at this stage you'r not showing yet.

i still hate seeing people get sick though, it always makes me feel ill too. i was on a flight last year where the guy behind me got really sick upon take off and it made me feel queasy the entire flight. with babies though it's different i guess..i don't mind it when babies upchuck on me. i guess that's a good thing, i'm sure i will have to deal with that a lot very soon. :smile:

Well, only kind of!

I will fight it and fight it and I know I'll feel better but whoa it takes me forever to yack!

Now...for my son...he has puked right in my lap when he was little once! That was fun! I do fine when its my son, although I am pregnant now and have a riduculous gag reflex so when the dog yacked the other day I had to leave the room! :smile: I am kind of strange...

You know.........I wasn't going to post here, but I just have to say that I have only heard my husband of 15 years vomit once and that was because he ate some mushrooms that didn't agree with him. I had to leave the house because I thought there was a demon in the house. Even the cats got scared and hid under the bed.

I detest throwing up. I will fight it for as long as I can (which is probably stupid). I can't hold my breath for long so I kind of panic and it distresses me. I'm also a sympathetic vomitter, which means if I hear or see someone vomitting, then I will too.

I used to be terrified of vomiting - when I was a child I used to get car sick all the time (and we drove A LOT). Then one day I felt really really ill all day, couldn't figure out why, just felt miserable and unwell. Finally around 6pm I ran into the loo and threw up and straight away I felt sooooo much better. So now I tend to just go with it, because I know the reason I'm vomiting is because my body wants to and I will probably feel much better afterwards.

I still get nauseous traveling sometimes though - I think nausea is worse than vomiting.

I am 100% terrified of vomiting! The smell, the noise, the sight...doing it myself... ugh. Not exactly a great situation since if I get nervous, or am in the car with a driver I deem poor, I get totally sick to my stomach. If someone else does it, all bets are off. Even if I'm actually sick for a reason, like a stomach bug, I will literally do everything in my power to choke it down. All of the above breaks me out into a huge crying meltdown.

I got sick twice last night. I either ate bad pizza or a lot of good pizza.

After the second time I got sick I remember thinking, "How bulimics make themselves do this on a daily basis is absolutely beyond me. And I can't even fathom how some people are turned on by it."

My stomach was killing me last night and in a weird way, I thought that throwing up would be a relief. Um . . . that just brought on a whole new set of problems. And to add insult to injury, my stomach was still bothering me afterwards.

I am now (slowly) eating multigrain Wheat Thins and hoping they stay down. So far it's working.

My SO is, but I've gotten over it. I don't enjoy it but if I eat something that just doesn't agree with me, it's better to get it out sooner and not have that horrible feeling in your stomach from trying to not throw up.