Dita In Dior : A Sneek Peek @ The Race For The Oscars

1. [​IMG]

The race for Oscar gold got a jump start today as Paris kicked off its couture week, with designers hoping to entice celebs at a time when red carpet style has become almost as important as the movies.

The designer of all designers, John Galliano, put on a deliciously colourful display of Oriental luster in his collection for Dior, with kimono-style gowns featuring delicate floral embroidery.

Burlesque queen Dita von Teese, who was the big celeb name sitting front row, tells the AP: "I've always been a big fan of Galliano. I love the theatrics of what he does." As for her recent divorce with shock rocker Marylin Manson? "I'm here to enjoy Paris fashion week."

Haute Couture outfits are made to measure and cost many thousands of dollars, reducing the estimated number of clients to between 200 and 300 in the world.
    Here's a little sneak peek. Enjoy :heart:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  3. Oooh i love that red and white kimono 3rd pic in! Gorgeous! That would be a fun show to watch.
  4. Dita looks awesome

Goth queen-turned-fashion model Diva Von Teese graced the runway today as Jean Paul Gaultier presented his utterly divine haute couture collection today in Paris. The newly single raven-haired beauty was stunning in Macarena, a transparent gold robe named after the saint from Seville.

The show was part Virgin of Guadalupe, part Gustav Klimt, part Byzantium but all fashion!

Models floated by in celestial flowing dresses, highly decorated and using religious imagery from various cultures.

As per usual, Gaultier did not fail to impress, bringing both elements of history and religion together in one harmonious aesthetic. Whether or not a golden halo over your head is wearable at your next office Christmas party is another question.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  6. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]