Dissappointed in F/W 2007... who else is?

Nightshade, that's exactly what i thought of the really childish LE cerises, pandas, miroir, cherry blossom lines.. They were so... gimmicky! I completely didn't buy any of it. But when MJ launched the Olympe line, it's completely different and stands out from the rest of the collection!
We have such similar tastes, you know. ;)
I love the frame bag shape. I have yet to own one and I like the glazed quilted lambskin... sigh. :heart:

i have a feeling you've hit the mark on that one-- do i see an etoupe birkin in your avatar? :drool: x 1000! if you notice my sig... that's one of my dream bags there! :lol:

and if you're not getting any chanels from the f/w collection, you should seriously consider the cirrus!!!! it is sooo beautiful. I really, really, really wish i could afford one (but sadly i can't)-- the washed lambskin leather is so so so lush! if its anything like the chanel washed lambskin.... ahhh.

I also agree....when I was at the trunk show the threading on the Expandable bags looked like it could get snagged on something and that made me nervous. Pocket In The City bags caught my eye the most but I decided on only purchasing the Diamond Stitch Large Tote that has been re-released this season.

absolutanne, you are absolutely correct. Some bags and shoes look nice on their website but not IRL. Some bags look real ugly and cheap. Besides the name, I don't know how they can justify the price.

I didn't like the Olympe Bags at all when they first came out, but the Nimbus is really starting to grow on me since I saw it IRL the other nite...very different from what LV usually offers.

As for Chanel's F/W, I'm not really in love over anything. The Coco Croco seemed interesting, but not at the 3100USD I have been reading. Fabric bags @ that price are outrageous!

I have been hearing some promising things about the Modern Chain stuff that is coming out as well as the "Hollywood" line for Cruise 2008.

I'm heading for the classics, Just got my new black GST and I'm waiting for my red jumbo flap. I prefer clean lines to all the ruching and scrunching, IMO it makes the bag more timeless.

i had a stroll through the boutiqque today and what i saw didn`t get me too excited either...

the rock is simply too expensive remembering it`s only vynil, everything else looks mostly weird (like this astrakhan stuff and the sharpeys)...

the store manager told me though, that there are nice versions of the cabas arriving for cruise, in very birght colors and in satin...

p.s.: karl does basically nothing, they have design teams for each part of the collection, such as pret-a-porter, shoes, bags, jewelry and stuff...

If there are new cabas arriving for cruise, i hope they are not vinyl as i don't like The Rock that much! :nogood:

I normally LOVE the fall line more than spring and this year I'm just not feeling it. Especially for the prices! Glad I have the MC tote and my Outdoor Ligne Hobo. I kind of like the look of the expandable but as ColdPlayLover said it looks like it could get snagged on something. Not a huge fan of patent either so I'm going to pass for fall. I may pick up a great bag from another designer if it moves me. I'm not a Chanel Only Girl.

I am glad that a lot of us feel the same way.. Nothing has excited me.. I do love the Modern Chain Tote in the glazed leather- but I can just not justify spending almostr $3K- the bag is like $2750.00 - wow !!
By the time I save the funds to get the bag- it will be sold out..
I am not sure which direction ANYONE was going with this Fall Collection.
It appears as if they just decided to do the craziest designs and then threw a few thousand dollar price tag on them hoping it would cause a craze like a few of the collections in the past.
As elegant as "COCO" was herself, I am not sure she'd be to impressed right now..-That’s just my opinion..
Oh yeah- anybody want to present with a nice gift I'd sure like the modern chain tote in the glazed leather....lol

Agree! I am not enamoured by anything in the FW07 collection. The expandable tote in brown looks nice, but I'm worried about the design of the chain straps and how they attach to the bag (think toggle closure on the Cotton Club collection where members had problems with breaking straps). The FW07 expandable flap straps look thin in photos and I like a nice, chunky chain.

Also agree that FW06 had the most TDF bags! I spent a lot of money on that collection and really hope Chanel doesn't have another good season like that until I am able to spend freely again!