Dissapointed..

I'm so sorry to hear this. Is Coach not training their SA's in customer service anymore? They used to stand behind their products, and that's what I want if I pay over $100 for something.

My only experience with sending something back for repair was approx. 3 years ago. I had no problem. As a matter of fact, I was surprised how well it actually went. I bought a large tote at the outlet. I don't remember exactly what I paid for it, but I know I got a great deal. I want to say I paid just a little over $100.00. I took it with me on vacation. I hung it on the handle of my suitcase like an idiot, when going thru the airport. I did not realize it was dragging on the ground. It TOTALLY destroyed the bottom almost making a hole in it. OMG it was my favorite bag I was so upset. I took it into my local retail store and asked it they thought it could be repaired. I fully admitted what had happened that it was totally my fault and had no problem paying what ever it would be to repair it. If it was even repairable. They told me it would be a $20.00 service charge for S&H to send it back to the factory to see if anything could even be done. I paid the fee and was told I would have an answer within 2 weeks. Well, less than a week later I got a letter from Coach saying that my bag was too damaged for them to repair it and they did not have a new one to replace it with. I needed to sign the letter and send it back to them and they would send me the value of the purse in the form of a gift card. I was totally expecting what I paid for it. I could not believe it when I got a gift card for close to $400.00.
Other then that time, I have never needed send any of my 20+ purses in for repair. I thought that was standard of how they handled repairs that if they could not repair the bag and they still had them in stock they would send you a new one and if not they would send you a gift card for the value of the item that was being repaired so you could get something else. Things might have changed since then.

My only experience with sending something back for repair was approx. 3 years ago. I had no problem. As a matter of fact, I was surprised how well it actually went. I bought a large tote at the outlet. I don't remember exactly what I paid for it, but I know I got a great deal. I want to say I paid just a little over $100.00. I took it with me on vacation. I hung it on the handle of my suitcase like an idiot, when going thru the airport. I did not realize it was dragging on the ground. It TOTALLY destroyed the bottom almost making a hole in it. OMG it was my favorite bag I was so upset. I took it into my local retail store and asked it they thought it could be repaired. I fully admitted what had happened that it was totally my fault and had no problem paying what ever it would be to repair it. If it was even repairable. They told me it would be a $20.00 service charge for S&H to send it back to the factory to see if anything could even be done. I paid the fee and was told I would have an answer within 2 weeks. Well, less than a week later I got a letter from Coach saying that my bag was too damaged for them to repair it and they did not have a new one to replace it with. I needed to sign the letter and send it back to them and they would send me the value of the purse in the form of a gift card. I was totally expecting what I paid for it. I could not believe it when I got a gift card for close to $400.00.
Other then that time, I have never needed send any of my 20+ purses in for repair. I thought that was standard of how they handled repairs that if they could not repair the bag and they still had them in stock they would send you a new one and if not they would send you a gift card for the value of the item that was being repaired so you could get something else. Things might have changed since then.

holy cow:wtf: Its nice to hear they did that for you!

beljwl - That is what I call customer service they were so wonderful to you even though the damaged bag was your fault! Sigh.... Now I'm really feeling determined to get this fixed. The thing is I dont want a new purse, this one was a gift from someone and I would like to keep it :smile:

Considering this was a gift, and I guess there is always a chance you wont get it back, have you tried taking it to a tailor or seamstress? My Drycleaners has a lady who can fix almost anything.

That's an idea but I don't think I should have to pay for the purse to get repaired. I've never sent a purse in for arepair before. Now if I get the SA to agree to send it away and Coach informs me that they are unable to fix it do they not give me the option of keeping the damaged bag?

oh I didn't know that, I just assumed that Coach gave the option of returning the damaged bag or offering a replacement or gift card towards a new handbag. I might have to think about this now...... sigh...What makes a bag "un fixable" ? does anyone know?

I had had my bag for less than a month when it did that at the strap and Coach repaired it and didn't charge the fee because it was a new bag, It was gone a month but now it is good as new!

Send it in

I would just follow the directions from their web site and send the bag in yourself:
Coach - FAQs

It will cost you $20 but you won't have the hassle of going to find a store to do it for you.

From everyone elses experience I feel pretty confident that they will fix your bag and then you will be happy! Peggy