Disputes + paypal AND ebay or just one?

1. If I have an item I need to dispute, and it was bought on eBay, paid with paypal. Do I open a dispute in both or just one? If just one, which one?

Thanks. :smile:

2. You would open a dispute with Paypal.

3. follow instruction on eBay...it will take ya to paypal... hope u have patience as its a long waiting process...:tdown:

4. OK...so I opened my dispute and 48 hours later, no response. I escalate to a claim just now. My status seems to say "waiting for response from other party". Ooookkkkkk. My new questions are:

1. How long do I get stuck waiting for this response? Is there a limit or can the seller just not respond and stall this sucker all she wants?

2. When will I hear from someone from paypal? Mypoupette can provide the certificate of non-authenticity. But, I don't yet have an address/fax to send it to. Will I be getting some contact info from paypal?

3. How long does the total process take?

4. Is a certificate of non-authenticity generally enough for paypal? I mean, I'm not doing this to be a snot. I was sold a fake bag and I want a refund.

Sorry...apparently I'm high needs. :shame:

5. From what I recall, they have 10 days to respond to the claim or it will be automatically decided in your favor. If they do respond, then Paypal will investigate it and they may request you provide the statement and the whole process will probably take about 1 month.

6. Yeah, it goes through paypal. I opened one for a seller I bought something from back in the end of November...the seller never sent it (and never communicated with me). I opened the dispute on the 23rd of December and it was resolved on Jan. 3rd...
    Here were the basics:
    Jan. 3, 2008 PayPal Case closed
    Jan. 3, 2008 PayPal Refund issued
    Jan. 3, 2008 PayPal Email sent to seller
    Jan. 3, 2008 PayPal Email sent to buyer
    Dec. 23, 2007 PayPal Email sent to seller
    Dec. 23, 2007 PayPal Email sent to buyer
    Dec. 23, 2007 Buyer Dispute escalated to claim
    Dec. 20, 2007 PayPal Email sent to seller
    Dec. 20, 2007 PayPal Email sent to buyer
    Dec. 23, 2007 Buyer Dispute filed

7. Seller have 10 days to respond to a claim, if s/he do not respond by then PayPal will automatically rules in your favor.

Last time I file a claim, it took over 6 weeks for PayPal to resolve it.

Hope this help. :smile:

8. i think it varies with each case...sometimes things get revolve faster than others.