Home & Garden Dishwashers!

Viking d/w is terrible and I'm a Viking fan! I'm replacing mine.
I'd never pay $2k for a Kitchen-Aid, that's overpaying IMHO. Sorry KA fans, I like KA but that isn't reasonable IMO :-s
For $2k it would be Miele, Asko or the very high end of Bosch.

800 series of Bosch is about half the price of the above listed ones IIRC. They have a few different pricing levels. I'd always recommend a Bosch :smile:

I'd always recommend Bosch too. On my second one now-the first lasted a really long time. Very pleased with their products overall.

I got a Kitchen Aid Architect Series last year and it is really good and very quiet. When we were shopping we found they had levels of price dependent on noise level - same washer just the insulation is different. Find the model you like and then check the decibel level to see if you can get savings there. Ours was $899 for this model KDTE404DSS in stainless.

ETA - Looks like KA narrowed their product lines. I did find this one KDTM404EBS which seems very similar, with the dynamic wash (mine only had Proscrub available)

Last edited:
I just placed my order today for a Bosch dishwasher and refrigerator. I will let you know what I think when it is installed.

I got a Kitchen Aid Architect Series last year and it is really good and very quiet. When we were shopping we found they had levels of price dependent on noise level - same washer just the insulation is different. Find the model you like and then check the decibel level to see if you can get savings there. Ours was $899 for this model KDTE404DSS in stainless.

ETA - Looks like KA narrowed their product lines. I did find this one KDTM404EBS which seems very similar, with the dynamic wash (mine only had Proscrub available)

This is great info. Anyone shopping for a DW should definitely check the KAs out. They are pretty cool – and rated the highest by Consumer Reports. The only bad thing they had to say is the that KA as a brand has a rep for needing servicing. They weren't directing that specifically towards the dishwashers though.

Ordered my Bosch, can't wait!

Wooohoooo!

Which model, Swanky?

We ordered the SHXN8U55UC, 800 Series, Silence Plus 40 Decibel
We need the bar for dishtowels which are all over the place right now as our current dw doesn't have one.

825225917076_04428171.jpg

and the 800 Series Refrigerator

825225908937lg.jpg

Last edited:
My new Bosch got installed five minutes ago. I'm very excited. I need an 18" for a city apartment, and Bosch 800 series has one. I still have to explore all of the features, but I love having the upper utensil rack.