Discount on LV?

senzafine said:
I should!! Macys sucks...I work at the one in Westminster...right near South Coast mwhahaha

OMG your at that new location!

WELL hey just so you know - SCP is opening up a Bloomingdales...and yeah the company will be having another LV store... so there will be a LV-Bloomingdales...

Why don't you apply when the time comes????

Whenever your in the neighborhood, totally come say hi at my store!

I'm Laurence, and you are?

I'm Jenny. Nice to meet you, Laurence!

Isn't that kind of weird to have an LV store in a place that already has an LV store? But I guess it's kind of like the Coach store and the Coach counter at Macys or something. Still, I always thought that was kind of weird.

Is it hard to get hired at LV though? I always have this impression that you'd have to do some fancy fancy stuff to get hired there, haha.

senzafine said:
I'm Jenny. Nice to meet you, Laurence!

Isn't that kind of weird to have an LV store in a place that already has an LV store? But I guess it's kind of like the Coach store and the Coach counter at Macys or something. Still, I always thought that was kind of weird.

Is it hard to get hired at LV though? I always have this impression that you'd have to do some fancy fancy stuff to get hired there, haha.

Hi Jenny! For sure come say hi if your near my store! You can't miss me...and yeah were located inside of Neiman's - next door to Gucci...

But yeah it is weird, thats what we all said! We already have LV-SCP...and LV-Sux Fifth... then there's my store at Fashion Island...now there's a LV-Bloomingdales? Believe me it was all rumors at first, but not anymore... haha so yeah that store will be the 4th LV store in the OC. (I know I think its weird too...) cause if you think about it, there will be 3 LV stores at SCP..... haha.

I wouldn't say its "hard" and you know I will say as long as your resume has "customer service" experience - and that you make a good 1st impression when you come for the application and or drop off the resume... you will be fine! Your personality is important, and I just happen to interview well in general with anyone...so yeah you gotta have the confidence too - and I'm sure you will be fine! Try it out when the time comes - it never hurts to try, right?

I will say I was lucky, my friend who I use to work with as bank tellers put in a good word for me...and as I told everyone I basically "sealed the deal" so yeah...which I did, cause she didn't interview for me... haha it was all on me... (took me 3 f@#$@#$ weeks to hear anything back.. haha, so yeah...)

We just hired 2 new girls, and they came from The Coach Boutique over at SCP...and yeah they new the girl I worked with, but anyway... yeah you obviously have "retail" experience already... you should be just fine.

Come try when the time comes! Bottom line it won't hurt to try!

Dickies80 said:
Thats so funny you say this cause I always wondered why for the Neiman's associate they went from 5 bags per calendar year to 3. Hmm yeah I totally believe you that there was probably a fiasco. I've had a lot of Neiman associates ask me about why they changed their discount policy, and I'm like "I'm not sure..."

Here's another situation we run in to - we get a lot of Neiman Marcus associates from other stores wanting our LV discount, and yeah in order for them to qualify - they physically have to work at that store.

Yeah...I actually know why they changed the policy and how the fiasco was created because it originated from where I used to work at. It's a very long story but in the end, what's done is already done.

shopaholic668 said:
Yeah...I actually know why they changed the policy and how the fiasco was created because it originated from where I used to work at. It's a very long story but in the end, what's done is already done.

I know as MUCH as I wanna hear the gossip, I know its wrong..but I know - what's done is done...

In New Zealand you can buy LV dutyfree if you are travelling, so can save quite a bit of money that way. And in Australia, if you spend over $300 at LV, you can claim back the tax (about 10%) withing 30 days if you leave the country :smile: