discount at Cartier

u get 20% off from cartier,if u are in the international vip list,and my friend got 30% discount from tiffany's singapore store...she just bought necklace around 200k,so there are always discount on big items for sure:yes: :yes:

I know..they have a 30 day money back guarantee so there would be time to get it authenticated

Well make sure to use a credit card because if they sell you a fake who knows if they'll honor a 30 day money back guarantee. I think usually if its too good to be true on the net (esp on Ebay) then it is.

u get 20% off from cartier,if u are in the international vip list,and my friend got 30% discount from tiffany's singapore store...she just bought necklace around 200k,so there are always discount on big items for sure:yes: :yes:

You don't have to be an international VIP to get a 20% discount at Cartier because I've done it with a Caresse d'Orchidees necklace and earrings set and certainly I'm not VIP enough in anyway, LOL. Coincidentally, I intentionally flew to Singapore and went to Ngee Ann City boutique just to get it with GST refund as a bonus ;).

Actually a close acquaintance had indicated to me that if you are VIP enough then you don't even need to be on any list because if you want something from their 'less prestigious' lines like my Caresse d'Orchidees, LOL then you just phone up your vendeuse at Rue de la Paix, Bond Street or Fifth Avenue Haute Joaillerie boutique and ask them to get it for you.

I suppose it is in line with Chanel. Once you have a vendeuse lady at Rue Cambon, you go to see her even when you just want a pret piece because there are some negotiations that can be thrashed out: it's also a nice relationship building exercise, LOL (that is Hermes pretentious language, I prefer to say sucking up). Also it's much less effort to speak to only to a single person as well, n'est pas? :P

P.S. Jomashop I think is real.

Edit: Forgot to say that it's like thrashing out a discount at Hermes as well. You don't have to be VIP to get a discount!

my MIL works for saks 5th ave and gets 30% off on cartier. can't beat that!!! also, my DH and i were in paris last yr and we were able to negotiate on his and hers diamond/platinum love rings at the mothership cartier store there!

QUOTE:You don't have to be an international VIP to get a 20% discount at Cartier because I've done it with a Caresse d'Orchidees necklace and earrings set and certainly I'm not VIP enough in anyway, LOL. Coincidentally, I intentionally flew to Singapore and went to Ngee Ann City boutique just to get it with GST refund as a bonus .

Actually a close acquaintance had indicated to me that if you are VIP enough then you don't even need to be on any list because if you want something from their 'less prestigious' lines like my Caresse d'Orchidees, LOL then you just phone up your vendeuse at Rue de la Paix, Bond Street or Fifth Avenue Haute Joaillerie boutique and ask them to get it for you.
;) ;) U can phone any C boutique in the world to get u things(even u are not vip),only on diffrent discount:rolleyes:,in my local boutique u have 20%off on Caresse d'Orchidees for high jewery,but no discount on new jewery,so its convineint on the list,if u want buy cartier in the other country u just dont need to negotiate with them,but its maybe a good idea to build relationship with rue de la paix

my MIL works for saks 5th ave and gets 30% off on cartier. can't beat that!!! also, my DH and i were in paris last yr and we were able to negotiate on his and hers diamond/platinum love rings at the mothership cartier store there!

yes pp work at cartier get 30% off on all the things,only they cant get something like high jewery or unique pieces:sad: :sad:

I've been researching the two tone, midsize Tank Francaise and SFA gave me a price 10% off list right in the store. I subsequently started calling around and one retailer gave me a 15% discount over the phone while two others said they could do better than Saks but would not quote a percentage until I came in. So it certainly is possible to do better than retail, at least on this watch.

I just bought my tank at an authorized retailer and he discounted 10% and that was the best price here in Munich because I went to every retailer who sell Cartier here. At Cartier they just offered me 3% so I bought it somewhere else. I don't have a problem asking for their best price.

Great thread! I was shopping for a Cartier Tank Francaise ring after seeing it at the boutique. After reading this thread I ran down to Neiman Marcus and sure enough, they give great discounts. I didnt even have to ask. I showed her the ring I wanted and told her that I was already shopping at the boutique.. maybe this is why she offered the discount so quick. The ring is priced at $4800 and she could give to me for $3900. I thought I would share my experience.

In the past I have purchased items from Cartier, Bvlgari, Van Cleef & Arpels boutiques in duty free shops & have gotten discounts in the range of 3-10% as long as I sign up for the duty free shop membership card.(Usually free as long as you have made purchases over a certain amount per year)