Dior's Collection Of Handbags For Spring 2007, Shown At Paris Fashion Week

Jan 23, 2006
dior1.jpg
dior_6.jpg

Dior's collection for Spring 2007, recently shown at the Paris Fashion Week was pretty disappointing, I must say. There were no new Gauchos or anything exciting, instead we were lumped with these rather plain looking doctor bags. They are a fairly nice design, admittedly, but I hope they release them in a range of different colours, these browns and creams are rather...Boring, dare I say it.

i guess after the gaucho, it's quite hard to top that. as an acquaintance lamented, the s/s 07 bags look, primal. i'm still sitting on the fence about it, although i'd say it's growing with each time i see it. the clutches are really cute though, but i think the gaucho clutches from the cruise collection are much better.

i wouldn't say it's boring though, but i can see how the design itself might not sit well with everyone. the shoes are pretty gorgeous though!

00250m.jpg

Thanks for posting Prada. I was actually eyeing the yellow ostrich one. I'd like to see it IRL first and of course the price, then we'll see....

They are a bit hmmm uninspiring? Not atrocious at all, I think LV's spring bags take the crown (sorry to LV fans, but a laundry bag? MJ is a bit off his rocker IMHO) but not something that you get excited about and get your name on the waiting list. Hopefully this is not just the line we'll have for spring, if not, well, I'm sure my wallet will welcome the break.

Thanks for posting Prada. I was actually eyeing the yellow ostrich one. I'd like to see it IRL first and of course the price, then we'll see....

They are a bit hmmm uninspiring? Not atrocious at all, I think LV's spring bags take the crown (sorry to LV fans, but a laundry bag? MJ is a bit off his rocker IMHO) but not something that you get excited about and get your name on the waiting list. Hopefully this is not just the line we'll have for spring, if not, well, I'm sure my wallet will welcome the break.

Your Welcome Chrystaline :heart:

I agree, there didnt seem to be anything new or exciting with their bags , but their shoes.......

Here are some more pics of the new stuff due to come out for Dior in about a month's time:

149m.jpg

Sand evening wristlet

150m.jpg

Mesh and Crusade flat sandle

147m.jpg

Green Crocodile platform pump

148m.jpg

Pink patent-leather Miss Dior platform pump

142m.jpg

Mesh and Suede Crusade bootie

141m.jpg

Green stingray-and-nubuck shoulder bag (STINGRAY SKIN?!?!!??! WOW!)

152m.jpg

Green Crocodile handbag

153m.jpg

Silver Miss Dior Platform peep-toe pump

All all the things I posted I love the mesh and suede bootie and the gold leather platform pumps the most. The pumps are a bit plain, though...I'm used to elaborate ornamentation on the tops of Dior's shoes.