dilemna... first designer purchase and i need help!

1. Hi!!

I am planning to buy my first real designer purse for my birthday in December. I have between $1,000 and $1,500 to spend. I want to buy something that is stylish and awesome but also something that can be worn everyday and i want to still be able to use it in the future, so it has to be classic. I was thinking an LV Speedy or an LV Cabas but I would appreciate some ideas and input!! Thanks! ;)

2. Hi!!

I am planning to buy my first real designer purse for my birthday in December. I have between $1,000 and $1,500 to spend. I want to buy something that is stylish and awesome but also something that can be worn everyday and i want to still be able to use it in the future, so it has to be classic. I was thinking an LV Speedy or an LV Cabas but I would appreciate some ideas and input about any brand!! Thanks! ;)

3. Welcome to tPF!

4. I think it depends on your style and how old you are. Not all handbags are good for everyone.

An LV Speedy is classic and will always be in style. That's a good first designer bag IMO. I'm not a fan of the monogram styles though so if you feel the same you might want to go with Epi or another kind of print.

Chanel has some nice classic bags as well. I don't know what exact styles to recommend since I'm not a huge fan of their bags.

5. Though a classic, I would get something in leather over LV canvas. I love LV, but leather is just so much more luxe to me and your first bag should be truly special! If you really like the Speedy's shape/size, maybe one in Epi?

There's so many wonderful brands and styles...just stick around here and you'll be introduced to a lot of different options. Have fun looking around and deciding! :smile:

P.S. Welcome to the boards!

6. What about a gucci leather brit. I also think the speedy is a good choice.

7. I agree with the others that a Speedy in Epi or Damier would be a nice choice.

8. it really depends on your style...

for me the black balenciaga first or city are both a classic.

i think a speedy is a good first bag though...plus, you'd have a good bit of money leftover.

9. Welcome!:tpfrox:

I love Tods and Lambertson Truex, very well made in Italy, practical, and classic!

10. Prada makes nice classic bags with beautiful leather. Jimmy Choo or YSL have classic but modern lines also.

11. An LV Cabas Mezzo would be good.

12. Hello and Welcome to the Forum. Have you thought about a Chanel Bag? I think Chanel bag you will carry and use for years.

13. honestly, i dont think LV are that great for everyday bags(please don't kill me guys!)...i normally prefer the aged, distressed look, but i hate the way LV leather ages, like the handles turning dark in certain spots for example. although my mother would disagree, she has practically every style Louis has every made within the past 2 decades, but just my honest opinion. i think you should go for something for like balenciaga or chanel. balenciaga bags age beautifully, which in my opinion makes them a better investment. good luck!!

14. gucci ...find a great one on sale

15. i think LV speedy would be a great first bag. it will always look good on you