Digital Camera

1. I am looking for a digital camera. I'm looking for one that takes clear pictures, and is simple and straight-forward. I just want to be able to upload pics directly to my computer (no extra software, no additional docks). I saw one that also took a few minutes of video. Not trying to go over $400. Any recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks!
  2. I have a cannon elph and I LOVE IT. It's super small, takes great pictures (has macro, fireworks and more settings), takes short videos and even though it comes with software you CAN load pictures directly onto the computer. I can't remember how much we paid but I think it was around $349 at BestBuy.
  3. I have a Nikon Coolpix. Quite small and not too expensive. Has lots of settings...about 25 of them, can load pics directly onto the computer...comes for various prices around $280.

I think the best digital cameras are either canon or nikon. Canon cameras (at least some models) are supposed to be susceptible to something called an E18 error, so it would be best to research that also.
  4. i have a canon powershot sd800 is. takes great pictures is nice and compact. :smile:
  5. I like the Sony Cyber Shot, can take video also I have the DSC-200 (had the 100 before) 7.2 megapixels Great camera probably a new version out now.
    The memory stick just goes directly into the slot on your PC to upload pics
  6. i have a nikon coolpix as well, i love it and the pictures come out very clear. it sells on retail for $199.

i also heard great reviews about the sony cybershot, you might want to check that out also.
  7. oh sorry the new camera I got was a canon sd900 w/10 megapixels
  8. I love my elph! Awesome and the most current one is usually about 200-250.
  9. BF got me a vivatar last year, and I really like it... pics come out really nice, though I have to fiddle with the manual adjustments when I'm shooting in dim light.

Will probably upgrade to a Nikon at some point, though. :p
  10. I just bought a Sony DSC T-100, I love it and it's super easy to use with some slick features - I bought it overseas, but I think it retails at $400 in the US.
  11. I've only just been dragged into the digital era. In fact only since I joined this forum - just had to go an buy a digi cam so I could take pics of my bags to show you lot! I bought a Sony Cyber Shot DSC-W55. If I can use it anyone can.
  12. I just got this one for my birthday and I love it. It takes great clear pictures and was so easy to use that I didn't even have to bother with the booklet. The movie mode that comes with it is fab too. It's called a Canon IXUS i7.

13. Thanks everyone. Merika, i will check for the E18 error (love you avatar)! Looks like everyone is Cannon or Nikon. SpacyTracy, thanks for the links! JoeyJo, love the pink camera!