Different bags for different functions/situations!?

Just interested to hear from those with several Mulberries - when do you choose to use each bag? ie are there a couple you only use for summer- or is one a work bag for example??How do you choose which one to wear?

For me
Black/ Choco Antony bags - shopping/trips out without kids.
Bayswater- work/ everyday bag
Oak Annie - casual spring/summer bag.
:tup::tup: Ditto for me if I had Antony!!

I do have a cute little pink Kate Spade bag that I like in the summer as well as a bone colored Fiore that is rather pretty. That said, I use those when I am feeling ladylike, which seems to be getting rarer and rarer! Rather use a nice sturdy bag!

I use different bags depending on situation, what I'm wearing & season. I tend to have two out at any one time and one of them will always be the coffee Joni - that's my "out & about with Maxie and I need hands free" bag (park, walks with the buggy, shopping etc).

I'll have another bag out and will use it for work or going to the supermarket (driving!). Oh, what a glamourous life I lead :lol: At the moment it's the Stam; before that it was the Elgin. I took the Bronze Bayswater out for New Years Eve as it matched my navy/bronze sequinned top :lol:

I do think in terms of season, though. I only really use the Elgin during autumn/winter as it's such a big dark bag. The oak Emmy will come out for spring/summer (so I don't have to fear the rain!), I think of the Ayler as a summer bag so will only use it then. I use my black Araline in autumn/winter, or if I really need a black bag. I haven't quite worked out which season will work for Phoebe - probably spring/autumn. I've got a huge white Marc Jacobs hobo for summer so I think I'm covered on that one, too.

If I plan an outfit that one of my bags would go perfectly with, I'll do a switcheroo. I'm thinking of digging out my green tweed winter coat (put it away last winter because too many people have it :rolleyes:) as it would go fab with the green Joni & the olive Phoebe (both of which haven't been used yet :shame:smile:

I dont use my mulberry bags everyday because I dont have a bag with me at work. If I did use one it would just involve having it with me while I drive to work, stuffing it into my very small locker at work (no way is one of my mulberries going to be squashed and squeezed into there :wtf:) and then having it with me while I drive straight back home again at the end of the day. Very boring!

I use them if I go out in the evening and at weekends. Usually the black araline it has to be said, as its so versatile and light and just the right size :tup:

Its funny, I went out last sunday, with my rosemary, to a large antiques centre. There was a sign on the door saying 'please leave bags at reception'. Me and the OH practically had an argument outside as I told him there was absolutely no way in the world I was leaving my bag at reception!!! It was not leaving my sight. He was saying 'well leave it in the car then'... no way was I doing that either! :wtf: He gave me the options of leaving at reception, in the car, or going straight back home. I chose going back home!

Thankfully they didnt ask me to leave the bag at reception after all that and so we got to look around! :graucho:

^^^^^^^^

Good for you hulahoop. No way would I leave my Mulberry with a stranger either.
tell me do any of you take your mulberries to the hairdressers? i'm thinking not as could get anything spilt on it!!

^^^^^^^^

tell me do any of you take your mulberries to the hairdressers? i'm thinking not as could get anything spilt on it!!

Was at the hairdressers with my bayswater and new mabel in its carrier bag and I was asked by at least 2 helpful staff if they could put them in the cloakroom for me. I said no thanks,but the idea of hairspray etc landing on the bayswater did worry me later.

Im going to the hairdressers tomorrow but theres no way a mulberry will be going with me. I cant bear the idea of putting it on the floor!

Is that really bad?!

I went to Toys R Us,and a young chap said I had to leave my bag behind at some sort of holding thing with loads of shelves,no doors.I looked at him and said 'mate,are you being for real or what?' He assured me he was,I asked him if they offered insurance for bags while they are left there,as there was no doors on the boxes,he looked at me as if I was stupid and acidly said 'no,we don't,its only a handbag isn't it'.It wasn't a question,more of a sarcastic statement.I looked at him and very coolly said 'yes,its its a handbag,well done,its £600 pounds worth of "only a handbag" and probably more than two weeks wages for you,and with your snot nosed attitude and no doors on the boxes I'm f**king not leaving it with you' then he turned round and said 'well you can't come in then' I just laughed in his face and said 'mate,which way am I facing right now,I do belive its towards the exit,bye,have a nice day,since you have failed to take in I'm carrying a £600 pound bag,its probably escaped your notice that I can afford to come in here without even thinking of nicking anything'

That has never happened to me in any Toys R Us before,I guess the Altrincham store has a really low class of customer?? For being one of the richest areas around!!!!????

There is absolutely no way I would leave my bag anywhere actually,locked or not!!

Chaz - I am surprised the poor boy didn't pee his pants!!!! I have never been asked to leave my bag, nor would I!!! I do take mine to the hairdresser, but she puts her in a chair by herself! She know how I am!!

BTW -Chaz are you a natural redhead or Irish????? Just wondering if you and Sarajane are cousins????

^^^^^^^^

My salon has glass shelves at each workstation and I put my bag on there. Last time I went to have my colour done the stylist pointedly took my bag off and put it on the floor, so I reached down, picked it up and put it back on the shelf again!
Fortunately my main stylist - a gay man - knows what I'm like, puts it on the shelf and puts a towel over it for me!