Differences between Stores

:lol: How can they hire people who don't even know about the product? This is funny. Thanks for sharing.
A lot of people are new, and are not "blessed" with product knowledge before they start. The SA's could have been new and not known you can order bags before they are in the stores. Also, a lot of new associates get the Peony and the Poppy mixed up. Many SA's are new to the Coach world, and many SA's work only one day a month. Give the girls a break. People on this board tend to give bad reviews because the SA's they talk to are not walking Coach encyclopedias.

I have to say that I take offense when you say you sound like "Rainman/Rainwoman"....are you aware that Rainman had a neurological disorder, called AUTISM???? Are you autistic OR on the autism spectrum in any way? Are you aware of the facts regarding autism? 1 in 150 children are diagnosed w/ autism... You may be very knowledgeable regarding "Coach", but please do not refer to yourself as "Rainman/Rainwoman", if you are not part of the autism society.... it's not very funny when there are soooooooo many beautiful children out there w/ this dreadful epidemic, and there is nothing they can do about it.

Let me preface this by saying I have a nephew who is autistic so I am pretty intimately aware of autism. And I am keeping a close eye on my younger son as he's not quite where he should be developmentally with some aspects. The OP probably didn't realize that she could be offending anyone and was just making a reference to the movie. I doubt she meant to offend anyone. I see that her remarks have been edited out. Maybe a PM might have been a way to let her know. I would have PMed this to you but I thought maybe everyone should think before posting as we each have issues that are near/dear to us that when we see something, we jump the gun so to speak. :flowers:

I stopped in a Coach boutique on the other side of town today, and realized 2 things....
1. I should stick to my normal store
2. I think I am something of a Coach xman, or xwoman...or something because I keep on picking up "Coach facts" and I sound like xman when I blurt them out!
Here's my story.....
I walked into Coach carrying my red leather Gallery tote purchased during September PCE. The younger SA working today says "ooh, how do you like your tote?" I told her that I love it and she proceeds to tell me that they are selling out fast, it's a hot style, etc. etc., and I am lucky that I was able to get one. She asked me when I got it, and I told her "in early September." She said to me, "oh really, I thought it just came out." Huh? :confused1:

So then I told her that I've been going a little crazy lately, and that I just got my new Peony Tote. She looks at me kind of funny, and says, "oh, they are not new, they are from last year." And I looked at her like this :wtf: and said, "you're kidding me? I was certain that they've only been out for a month or so." And she told me no, that maybe someone bought it for me and put it aside or something, because they've been out of stock for at least a year. Again, :confused1: What???? So then I told her that my SA at the store I normally shop out was able to get it for me when there were only a few left, but that I love it and I hope to get the matching wallet next month, if it's still around. She then tells the older SA (there were only two of them working) to see if she can find it for me on Coach.com. I told her that it wasn't on Coach.com, but I had seen it on the Coach Japan website. And of course, you guessed it, her response was :confused1:. She asked me how I found a Coach Japan website and I told her that you can google it and then look at the pictures, though you can't really understand the text. I then told her that the website sometimes has items on it that we don't have yet, such as when the Bleecker came out. Anyway, they both were looking at me in disbelief. So, I left without any purchases, and pretty much vowed never to stray from my regular store, and my regular SA Allyson!

When I was driving home, I was thinking about how I might have been insulted that she thought my bag was "so last year! if I cared about that stuff. Of course, I am still carrying some 10 year old Coach, so I obviously don't care!

Now, this past weekend, I was in my regular store, and the girls circled around me to see my new Peony tote, and told me that the patent wristlet would go great with it, and they all wanted to see my bag and read the inscription inside. I feel so much more at home there! It's the second time that they've ordered something for me and told me to come back in so that they can see it in person, and then they all get as excited as I did when I first got it.

It's amazing how the friendliness and product knowledge varies from store to store!

:nuts: OMG That is hilarious! She obviously didn't know what she was talking about. Maybe they were just hired, severely confused about their facts and/or SA imposter's! LOL! Either way, it sounds like you get better service at your normal store. It's awesome that they are so attentive and ask you to come back to see the items you've ordered. That, to me, is great service! :tup:

I apologize. Of course I did not mean to offend.
THAT IS TOTALLY OK!!!!!!! THANK You for your apology! I honestly didnt think you meant anything by it, but autism unfortunately is a HUGE part of my family, and I take offense to any outside remarks of it b/c of that! Lots of people do not even know what disability "that man" had, but unfortunately we know TOO much about it now!!!!! I REALLY appreciate you letting me know you didnt mean to offend! THANK YOU!!!! YOU ARE GREAT! :tup:

:lol: How can they hire people who don't even know about the product? This is funny. Thanks for sharing.

Exactly! I don't know everything about Coach. I'm still learning. But if I worked at a Coach store I would not blurt out things I was unsure of and make them seem like they were fact. In cases like that it's better to just comment on the beauty of a bag and not another word. If you are unsure then turn that over to someone that you feel has more knowledge regarding the subject. If they don't know what they are talking about then they look like the fool, not you. :yes:

Mommyville - thank you for your post.

Lissisays - I totally agree. I hope to walk out of a Coach store with more knowledge about the products that interest me. Unfortunately, there are individuals out there who do not know enough about their products. Just like any other professions, there are good SA's and not so good SA's! In my local store, I can tell that the SA's are not only knowledgeable, but they take a strong interest in their probuct, and that is to be commended! I am going to continue to shop at that store exclusively for that reason.