Difference between CAVIAR and LAMBSKIN?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heey guys

i'm new to this forum sooo i'm a bit clueless!! can someone elighten mee on the difference between lambskin and the caviar? what are the classic pieces? how mucd do the cost? what are the sizes.. etc

many many many thanksss

2. Lambskin = smooth leather with a naturally subtle gloss like sheen, much much more delicate (and much softer) than caviar
    Caviar = pebbly calfskin leather, very durable and virtually indestructible!

I saved these details onto my own computer from another thread, (thanks to the original poster for the details! hope u don't mind me posting it here now) and i think these should answer your questions about sizes and prices.

Update for Classic Flaps with new prices (increased on 2-1-07)

The Classic Flap Bag comes in three sizes:

Small - 9" W x 5.5" H x 2" D - $1,795.00 for Caviar and $1,950.00 for Lambskin

Medium - 10" x 6" x 2.5" - $1,995.00 Caviar and $2,150.00 for Lambskin

Jumbo - 12" x 8" x 3" - $2,250.00 Caviar and $2,405.00 for Lambskin

============================================

The sizes for the Reissue 2.55:

A302224: - The Baby 7.5 W x 5.75 H x 1.75 D inches $1795

A302225: - Small 9.75" x 7.06" x 2.16" $1895

A302226: - Medium 11" x 8" x 2.5" $1995

A302227: - Large 12.25" x 9.18" x 2.5" $2095

A302228: - The X-Large aka Jumbo 14.2" x 9.8" x 3" $2495

3. thanks nightshade!!!! ur a star! by any chance do you any pictures of the lambskin and caviar saved as well on ur computer? want to see the difference

4. I have a couple pics saved. I don't know if they are close enough to tell the difference though. The red is lambskin and the beige is caviar. The lamb is smooth while the caviar kind of pebble textured.

chanel03.jpg attachment.jpg
  5. have a look in our Reference LIbrary, check the threads of Classic Chanel pieces and Classic Flaps and Reissues, those 2 threads alone will answer a LOT of questions and provide a LOT of extra info.

6. Hello you girls:smile:

Do you guys by any chance have a comparism picture of the Chanel 2.55 in Lambskin and Caviar?
    I really would like to see the difference - the price difference is by 1000Dollars or?
    I have a chanel bag but i actually have no idea whether its Calfskin or Caviar. I bought in Sep 2007 in Bloomingdales NYCity and I was not even asked what I wanted (which leather?) how come that?
    :woohoo:Please help me here ladies..!
    Saskia

7. Saskia, the lambskin will be very smooth and puffy in looks, you can glide your hand right over it, and you would notice any scratches, as even a fingernail mark will come out.

Caviar is ingrained, it will be a flatter colour and you will see lots of tiny pebble effects over the entire bag

8. [​IMG]

Top bag is a lamb

bottom bag is a cav

9. hey chloe babe!
    thank you for your quick answer. But I one more to ask -

Whats the common leather for the 2.55, what is sold in the store - Caviar or Lamb? And there is a HUGE Price difference or?

10. The medium is sold in store and is readily available in both leathers. The jumbo is currently only available in Caviar.

Since the recent price increase I am not sure what the difference in the price of the two leathers are (you could easily do a search on here and will find the pricing info), but its just personal preference. If you are quite tough on your bags, then Cav would be a better choice (and certainly if you were going for a pale colour, I would recommend this leather option), but I personally prefer the lambskin ;)

11. The difference is $100

12. Chloe your lamb with bijoux chain is TDF!

13. I also prefer lambskin. The caviar tends to be very matte and flat IMO.
    Love the 'bubbleness' of the lamb. But also afraid of the scratches.

14. :greengrin::smile:

15. ^^OMG the prices have doubled or almost doubled since 2007! :amazed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.