Diet Sodas.

1. Im quitting. My family has been on my tail telling me to quit drinking it so im finally quitting. I usually down about 4 Liters of it a day. Mainly Diet Mountain Dew but I have my share of Diet Dr. Pepper every now and then. But my question is what is so bad about it? :confused1:
  2. I think a few cans a day is OK, but you need to drink water and juice as well. Maybe this is why you have a nasty cold, too much soda..LOL
  3. HAAHAA!! Im drinking water as we speak, and had orange juice earlier. :drinks:
  4. I know, I too suffer from an addiction to Diet Dr. Pepper. I drink 7-8 cans a day. I need to drink water, I don't even think I drink one glass of water a day! This was going to be my New Years resolution, but I really think it is impossible for me. My poor, poor kidneys.:sad:
  5. WHATS IT DO TO THE KIDNEYS?! oh no! have i really damaged myself? this is my new years resolution i guess! i must find a substitute! my aunt said propel, i guess ill try it.. :sad:
  6. LOL!!!!! :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: I have no idea what it does to your kidneys!!!! I just heard it was bad for them! Mine are probably ruined at my ripe age of 22!!! Maybe I quit after my 12 pack is gone:sad:
  7. Lets do it togetha!! :p
  8. ^^^Ok!!!!!! Sounds like a big step, but I think we can do it!!
  9. Don't quote me on this, but I think the long term effects of the chemicals in soda, especially diet, could be harmful to your kidneys. And if you're drinking regular soda, you are putting a huge amount of refined sugar in your body, which isn't ideal either.

If you don't like the taste of water or you're bored by it, try squeezing fresh lemon into it. I do that, and I find I drink a lot more water that way.
  10. Diet soda contains aspartame. Aspartame is said to lead to brain tumors, lymphomas, etc... Aspartame also makes you thirstier, which in turn, makes you drink more diet pop, no?

I say drink whatever you want. It's your body. But then too much of anything is not good for you.
  11. Diet soda also has aspartame in it which is a substitute for sugar but it has a lot of harmful health effects. I'm so glad that you are given it up. Once you stop drinking soda your body won't crave it anymore.
  12. I used to drink about 80oz of aspartame-flavored drinks a day, and it got to the point where I had to quit in September, because I had no energy and was craving sweets on top of the "sweetness" of the aspartame. It was hell at first, but I'm at the point where it's hard for me to finish a 20oz diet sprite because the aftertaste is so strong. I have, however, discovered a love for flavored seltzer. Mix in a few oz. of juice if you can't swallow it as it is, but I found that I missed the carbonation much more than the taste of soda itself. It took a few weeks, but I love flavored seltzer now. It's all about replacing one thing with something else that's equally satisfying.
  13. I CANT DO IT!! Even the Yougurt i eat had aspratame in it!!! :sad:
  14. yes, it is the aspartame........i was having sereve stomach aches, problem wasnt diet soda but it was all the Equal i was putting my was starting to distroy my stomach lining!!!.....i am now banned from all artificial sweeters or anything that contains them, from my doctor

in all honestly, a teaspoon of sugar (or the real stuff) not the sugar-free crap is so much better for you in the long run.
  15. I can't give up my Diet Dew. I'm trying to limit myself to two a day - one 12 oz can in the morning, and one 24 oz bottle in the afternoon. Maybe when I can manage that, I can cut down a little more. I love my Diet Dew!!