Didn't buy anything but still had a good day at LV today!

About heat stamping, she said it was indeed free and that it was just something they didn't advertise, that customers have to just "know" about it. She said she was dying to tell me about it, but, I also remember, that the boutique manager was in the back room with the door open so she would have heard.

She has to send my bag away and it will take 4 days. But that's fine, I'm not using it on the cruise after all, boyfriend still doesn't know about the new bag. After I bought it my car had to have about 1,800 worth of work done. Wiping out my savings, so he would tell me to sell it on ebay. I'm just gonna keep it out of his sight when he's over until I get a job.

I didn't know you have to pay for a catalog. I asked for one twice and they gave it to me. I haven't gone in since they raised their prices so I haven't asked about the new catalog.

A strong rapport with your SA is key. Personally, I like going to the same store all the time, now many of the others SAs and even the store manager knows my name. When the Manhattan first came out there was a big waiting list but, I told my SA I wanted one and sure enough I got it the very same day.

I think it is good that they do not hand out catalogs like candy, and that they only give them to the more 'serious' shoppers. I find a lot of people at Louis Vuitton are all look and no buy, yet expect a catalog that they probably only want to showoff on their coffee table.

That being said, I have great relations with a few SA's in different countries who are more then happy to mail me new catalogs when they come out, or give them to me when I am around. They also take the initiative to keep in touch with me, informing me of anything that may be of interest to me.

I find the key to forming a good relationship with your SA (besides purchasing a lot..haha) is to be knowledgeable and decisive. I never go to Louis Vuitton just for a look. Most of the time I pop in I already know what I want to purchase. Even though most would argue that "they are there to help you," they are not paid to stand there while you think for an hour whether or not you want to buy a measly $300 bag.

RobbieNEmmy said:
That would make me float too! I love when SA's are sweet like the one you described. They make me feel like I'm worth something, but more importantly I suppose, it makes me feel that they love what they do. That's just me though.

Don't ever depend on a sales rep in retail to make you feel worth anything