Did your LV come in a box?

Wicked: Are you talking about the ones that aren't super sturdy and have a top flap? I think they use those for bigger items they can't collapse (I got one with my BV).
I always make sure to request a box....I love the boxes (I even bought some off of ebay for my ebay purchases that didn't come with a box).

Mine didn't, but that might have been because the SA knew I was flying with the bags in a couple of hours and therefore couldn't bring them on anyways (he knows about my paranoid fear of checking things in).

twiggers said:
Wicked: Are you talking about the ones that aren't super sturdy and have a top flap? I think they use those for bigger items they can't collapse (I got one with my BV).
I always make sure to request a box....I love the boxes (I even bought some off of ebay for my ebay purchases that didn't come with a box).

Yes! My box has the top flap. I got it for my Speedy 30 in Epi, so I can see why they can't collapse it. They kept stressing to me the importance of NOT collapsing the bag...

all my LV's have come with boxes...I didn't know they were phasing out the sturdy ones...I really love those boxes! my speedy 30 was wrapped for me in one of those collapsable boxes...it's still a nice box though =)

only my last purchase didn't come in a box. it was shipped to me (from LV - Hawaii) in a dustbag then in a LV envelope - it had self-adhesive flaps, then the SA added a few LV stickers to keep it sealed. then of course this was stuffed in the shipping box.

divadarlinn said:
heyy i want boxes now. if you go in with your bag to a lv store do you think they will give you one? or if not can you just buy them?
If the SA knows you I'm sure they'll give you one:yes: they're not for sale though.
I love the box (drawer type) which came with my Wapity:love: So far only once I was not given a box.... only the brown envelope.

Some of mine have, but most haven't. Honestly, I don't have the space for the boxes so I'm pretty thankful. I have a box for my bandeau and it's sooo nice, it makes me think of a bar of chocolate since it's long. :P

When I had made my first (and 2nd and 3rd) Vuitton purchases, I was never given a box.. and I also never knew about them. The SA knew the bag was for myself and I guess decided I didn't need one? I only got the dust bag and the shopping bag. Can you believe the first time I ever knew that LV's came in a box was when I won a bag off Ebay and the seller sent me one?!

Call me insane, but I was thinking of shipping the boxes back to my home when I go to HK and purchase some Vuitton bags there! :P

when i bought my bag at macy's nyc herald square the SA and cashier looked at me like an alien when i asked for a box. all they gave me was the paper envelope. i was so bummed! i think a box would be great for storage purposes. oh well!