Did you ever have to make a return for DEFECTIVE or QUALITY issues? What bag?

?

What was your experience returning a defective bag?

1. Bergdorf allowed the return without a problem, and never questioned my reasoning or sincerity.

2. Bergdorf Goodman rejected the return, and gave these reasons (name).

3. Neiman Marcus allowed the return without a problem, and never questioned my reasoning or sincerity.

4. Neiman Marcus rejected the return, and gave these reasons (name).

5. Saks allowed the return without a problem, and never questioned my reasoning or sincerity.

6. Saks rejected the return, and gave these reasons (name).

7. Boutique store (name which) allowed the return without a problem, and never questioned...etc.

8. Boutique store (name which) rejected the return, and gave these reasons (name).

9. Other (name) allowed the return without a problem, and never questioned my reasoning or sincerity.

10. Other (name) rejected the return, and gave these reasons (name).

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OK, this is what I am interested in knowing:

1. Have you ever had to return a bag for defective/ quality workmanship issues AFTER you have worn it. I.E. It did not perform as expected, rubbing color, breaking threads etc. ? You can mention bags that you returned before wearing, that arrived defective as well, however this is not as difficult a test of a store' s service level (and that is what I am interested in... but go ahead and mention it so we know which bags to avoid.)

2. What bag was it? What was wrong?

3. Where did you return it or attempt to return it? Saks, Neimans?

4. What was the response to your attempt/ successful return? Kind, understanding or cold and closed? Did you succeed in getting a refund??

I think this is the most extreme test of customer service within a store. I am interested to see which store wins the prize for the most considerate customer service.

I am attaching a poll for fun. You can pick more than one answer.

2. I purchased a Camel MJ Stam in early June from Neiman Marcus. The bag is a peanut-buttery tan color - really warm and gorgeous IRL. I used it a few times, and noticed that the handles were starting to discolor. The underside became nearly white! It was the first time that I have had any problems with MJ handbags. I immediately took it back to Neiman's and the SA who helped me was really nice about it. She was completely shocked by how the handles discolored. I ended up exchanging for a black Stam, but I really haven't used it too much - out of fear that the same thing will happen again. I really love the Stam, but I've had days where I fall in and out of love because of what happened with the first Stam I purchased.

3. I've exchagne one bag only and it's to eLuxury cause the leather tab of my Speedy was loose and the leather tab where the lock goes on is crooked. They took it back no problems.

4. I returned a black Coach Mercer mini-backpack three separate times for the same problem -- color flaking off the edges of the leather handles at the top of the bag. Each time, I just brought the bag into a Coach store (not always the same one, but that didn't matter), showed them the damage, and was given another one off the shelf as a replacement, no questions asked. The third time I finally decided to just get my money back, so I dug in my desk and found the receipt, took it and the bag back to a Coach store yet again, and received a complete refund of the money back on my credit card. This was almost a year after the purchase of the original bag, and again, was handled with no problem whatsoever. This is why I love Coach and will always be a loyal customer.