Did LizCordova get her Gigi?

1. I've been waiting for an update from her!

I got mine, in Walnut, and it's nice, but it's not as dark as I thought it was going to be. The Bleecker walnut is darker than the Legacy walnut, though it looks the same when pictured in the Spring catalog.

Honestly, I'm not sure I like it enough to keep it. :crybaby:

2. I got my Walnut Gigi and I too am not sure I like it enough to keep it.
    I have been so leery about carrying the Clay color because I live in NYC
    and ride the subway everyday to work, for this reason I ordered the walnut.
    I really don't want any spills or omeone scratching my bag or I might have to hurt someone. Please see pictures of my bags at snapfish.com. You will need to register
    to see them. I tried cutting and pasting from Snapfish but it did not work.

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=210862616/a=93990548_93990548/t_=93990548

3. The Walmut looks REALLY similar to the Whiskey in those pictures. Is rhe color as similar as it seems in the pics?

4. The Walnut is similar to the whiskey but it is definitely a chocolate brown and not whiskey.

5. It is really pretty Liz. I actually like it better than the clay.

6. I think I like it better than the clay too as I am really partial to browns.
    I think that the Clay Gigi will go back as I don't want two of the same
    kind of bag. The Walnut is really rich and I do believe I won't worry as
    much about carrying it.

7. Liz, I actually love your clay better. It's such an unusual color and not a lot of people will have it. Just my opinion.

8. I think they're both gorgeous, but my vote goes for the walnut because I know you love brown bags (I'm addicted to them, too!) and I think your Gigi will be carried more if you own it in Walnut.

Maybe you could pick up a clay wristlet or another small clay legacy piece to quell that clay need?:yes:

9. Okay that walnut does look whiskey.

I think both look great, but the clay is stunning.

Liz - did you upload pics of you collection somewhere?

10. Mine looks very whiskey-ish as well. It's not as red as the whiskey, but it's not as dark as the other Walnut leather bags from Coach.

I do prefer it over the clay, but that's just a personal preference thing.

I'm really disappointed. I wanted to adore the bag, but I don't. And I don't know if I can keep a bag that expensive that I don't adore. I needed something big, but maybe I should have opted for the Tattersall tote instead (totally different rant there!).

I mean, I've had it for 4 days now and it's still in the box. THAT alone tells me something, you know what I mean?

But I had really hoped the Walnut would be darker.

What are you doing, Liz? Are you keeping the Walnut?

11. I honestly don't know what to do. I love my Heritage stripe pink tote
    and plan on carrying that one for a while and see if the walnut Gigi
    grows on me. I like the Walnut but I don't know if I love it at that price. I most likely will return it. I have the Legacy Thompson Hobo and will probably start to carry
    that bag. I might just get the slim tote no. 10650 at the outlet by
    me. They have it and while I am leary of white I love that bag so much
    and for $256 I think I can live with the white. I am in the process of adding
    my present collection to snapfish.com
    I will let you know when it is up.

[​IMG]

12. Yes, please let me know. I'm leaning towards returning it. I did save the 25% on it, but I don't know that that's reason enough to keep it.

13. The slim tote would be hot and I LOVE your pink tote! :yes:

14. I think I like Walnut better than Whiskey, it's less red. I think I might get a Walnut or Khaki/Black gigi!