Did I Dream These Shoes?

1. I swear that I was flipping through an August or September fashion magazine (and I think it was either Lucky or InStyle) and saw these very basic black pumps that had the Laboutin red sole, but were some little no name brands knock-off for about $100. I think they were for sale at Nordstroms. It was in an editorial piece where they show nothing but shoes.

A friend and I were talking last night and she thinks I must be dreaming, because the red sole would be trademarked. I know I saw them. Anyone else?

2. My friend ordered two pairs of red soled platform pumps. One is Oh Deer! (like the post above) and the other is Jeffrey Campbell. I have the real CL Bruges, so we compared all three. In our opinions, the Oh Deer! look like better quality but the Jeffrey Campbell had a better fit. So I suggest you try both.

Jeffrey Campbell (Shoes.com)
    [​IMG]

Oh Deer! (Zappos)
    [​IMG]

3. Thanks guys! I actually wasn't asking to buy them, but to settle the debate if CL's red soles were a trademarked thing. Guess not. But those Oh Deer have a great heel, and are really cute.

I wonder if I'd feel odd if someone noticed the red sole thing, like I was carrying a Canal Street Chanel or something.

4. I've got a pair of Ann Marino red pumps that have a red sole on them. I've had them for a while, so I don't know if the soles were done red to mimick CL or just because the shoes were red.

I noticed Dolce & Gabbana also had a couple of shoes in their spring/summer collection with red soles.

From the looks of it the "signature" red CL sole has gone the wayside since so many other shoemakers are using it now. Maybe CL will have change colors to yellow (or some other color) to get back his identity! :roflmfao: