Did anyone go to the F/W trunkshow?

1. a friend of mine did and she said they had the yellow bag (new fall colors) as well as some of the new styles from the prefall collection...

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Ooooh, those are cute!

She didn't send you any pics of the yellow bags did she? Or maybe a lookbook you can scan?

3. whoa! we need more of these pics!

4. agreed! more pics please! these are awesome!

5. i'm going to call bal ny and see if i can get more pics or if they send out a lookbook...
    the pics above are from the prefall collection, and those are the only two bags pics i could find...

she said the first style pictured above will retail for $1800...not sure if she saw the second one...

i imagine the other balenciaga stores will have trunkshows soon...

6. kimair, I know that this might sound like a silly question, but how does one get invited to these trunkshows? Must one be in the fashion industry/celebrity/big-time spender on Bbags, etc.?

Thanks for posting these pics...

7. monsoon...you don't have to be special or anything to go...you can call the boutique and find out when it is and make an appointment...

the sa i spoke to was kinda rude...
    but she said the trunkshow was over and is moving to Barneys in l.a...
    she wasn't sure when it was, so if anyone's interested in going, i'd call there...

i found out the bag on the left is $2275 and the bag on the right is $1595...
    both are special orders, meaning you have to put down half now and the rest upon delivery...

8. Well there are trunk shows that are by invite only and there are those that you walk in and you can view.

The pics that are posted look like they are from Buyer's appointments and not a trunk show. Buyer's from department stores will have access to Balenciaga's 'showroom' where they can see up close all of Balenciaga's collection...close up detailing of the clothes, accessories, etc. It will help them decide which items to buy for their specific stores.

Usually on trunk shows, the store will have the next season's merchandise on display so the customer will have an idea of what's coming next season. They can pre-order or not. Chanel's trunk show (at least locally here in the D.C. area) - they will display next season's accessories and you can pre-order them before everyone else has access to them and sell out.

9. Hard to believe that first pic is of a tall skinny model. I can't imagine what my size 8/10 shorter body would look like in that getup

10. incoral...those pics are from vogue.fr pics, not balenciaga...
    they posted the prefall collections from certain designers...

the bag on the left was at the trunkshow, but the bag on the right was not...
    my friend said they had some of the new bags for fall, but since she is more into the clothes than the bags, she didn't take note of names, prices, etc.