did anyone else get a strange email?

1. i got this today. dunno what it is but it's from a member here, i guess. really strange.

Abidjan, Ivory Coast (Cote-d’Ivoire)
    Private Email:@yahoo.co.uk
    Telephone: +7.

HELLO

I AM THE SON OF FORMER WAR LORD OF LIBERIA, XX
    FORMER PRESIDENT OF REPUBLIC OF LIBERIA, WHO IS NOW WITH WAR CRIME TRIBUNAL IN
    FREETOWN SEIRAL LEONE.

BEFORE MY FATHER’S ARRIST HE INSTRUCTED ME IN OUR RESIDENCE HOUSE IN CALABAR,
    NIGERIAN WHERE WE RESIDE AS POLITICAL ASYLUM THAT HE INFORMED ME TO SECRETLY
    SEEK FOR A FOREIGNER PARTNER WHO CAN ASSIST ME PULL ONE TRUNK BOX CONTAINING
    10.5 MILLION US DOLLARS AND RAW DIAMOND WHICH WAS DEPOSITED WITH ONE SECURITY
    COMPANY IN COTE D,IVOIRE (IVORY COAST)

THE SAID SUM WAS DEPOSITED IN THE SECURITY FIRM DURING THE TIME HE WAS A
    PRESIDENT OF REPUBLIC OF LIBERIA BEFORE HE LEFT FOR AN EXILE IN NIGERIA. HE ALSO
    ADDED THAT THE TRIBUNAL IN FREETOWN MAY TRACE UP HIS WEALTH IN AFRICA

I AM CURRENTLY IN ABIDJAN CAPITAL CITY OF COTE D,IVOIRE (IVORY COAST) WITH THE
    DOCUMENTS OF SUCH DEPOSIT AND HAVE NOTIFIED AND RECONFIRM SUCH DEPOSIT WITH THE
    SECURITY FIRM.

I HEREBY ASK FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE TO SUCCESSFUL WITHDRAW OF THE TRUNK BOX OF SUM
    FOR IMMEDIATE TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INVESTMENT IN YOUR COUNTRY AND I LEAVE TO
    YOUR COUNTRY FOR MY SETTLEMENT.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL ME ON TELEPHONE NUMBER: +
    Reply to my private Email:@yahoo.co.uk

BEST REGARDS;

JAGO TAYLOR

2. it's actually kind of funny.

3. DO NOT REPLY!!!! It's a known scam called the Nigerian Scam. BEWARE!!!!!

4. I got one, too. but I have read about this
    (and similar) scam, marked it as spam and deleted it.

Wonder how they got our email?....

5. Nigerian Scam? LoL. are they serious?

6. Yup. My fiancee got this on Hi5.

I'ts suppossed to be a complete scam. But I wonder how they actually make money from it?

7. interesting.. i didn't get one and i don't want one either!

8. I got one once purporting to be from a law firm in Singapore and when I googled the firm it actually exists and the conartists had even used the presidents name as their name to make it sound more believable! I emailed the company and told them that people were doing scams pretending to be them. Just the fact that it is a yahoo.co.uk email makes it dodgy...wouldnt a real professional have a proper email address?

9. I get those all the time-different names-different governments supposedly-I just mark them as junk mail and delete them

10. I get those ALL THE TIME. I just delete those. Scam scam scam :rant:

11. It is not from a member here... it is just a spam/scam email. I get them all the time too. Don't reply, just delete.

You email information is not given to anyone- so there is no list people are getting to send you anything.

12. No, I didn't get one, but I didn't select to allow e-mails either. People have to PM me to send me a message. If you don't respond, they don't actually have your e-mail addy.

Also, I edited out personal info.

13. okay. i guess they're using the purse forum as a list.

14. i think i'll do that right now.