Diamond ring from boyfriend... too small?

1. Hi guys
    I just got a ring from my boyfriend. I got measured an am a 54. He knew that and surprized me today, just pulled it out of his pocket! :heart:
    Well, it doesn't feel snug, but I feel like it looks like I have finger love handles, know what I mean?
    can you look at the pictures and tell me if I should switch to a size up?
    Thanks in advance!!
    By the way, the ring is from Mauboussin, the collection is Chance of Love, 0.2 carat diamond.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2007_04070001.JPG 2007_04070002.JPG 2007_04070003.JPG 2007_04070004.JPG
  2. I would for sure get it sized up...I know for me in heat my hands get hot and expand and also it looks kind of uncomfortable on your hand? Its soooooo pretty! Congrats! Go get it sized so you can get it back on your hand!!:nuts: :nuts: :yahoo:

3. If you have other rings that don't do that, I would take one of them, along with your new ring, to a jeweler, let her see the new one on your hand, and she will know what to do.

If all your rings do that, it is probably just the way your fingers are, maybe you could try typing more. ;)

4. I love that ring! Sooooo pretty!

5. i can't stand rings that are even a little bit too tight. if it doesn't feel just right on your finger than definitely go get it sized.

6. do get it resized. I wanted to wear mine even when I got pregnant ( and you may in future) and after pregnancy.. so I wear mine with a slightly looser fit.

7. Okay, thanks guys! I'll get a size up when the store opens after easter, ie Wednesday :sad:

8. good point there.^^

but i think you should go for whatever feels good on your finger despite how it might look. if you feel like it's loose and it looks tight, you should opt for that instead just incase of a chance of losing your ring if it slips off.
    but the ring looks like it should fit you fine based on the pictues. i mean some pictures makes it look tight but others makes it look just fine. don't worry about it too much but if you want to go get it adjusted, do as you'd like. but i think the ring is very pretty! congrats to you.

9. That is such a pretty, pretty ring! Congrats!!! It looks like it could be sized up just a tad. Get it done soon so you can wear it everywhere. I love it!

10. Yes, I think that looks a little too snug. That's such a pretty ring, though!
    When I first saw the title of the thread, I thought you were concerned about the size of the diamond! LOL

11. Very pretty ring, but I would go a size up. I have small hands and fingers and orginally, my sizing is a size 6, but I always wear size 7's, because I can wear size 6 rings but I hate the feeling of a tight ring on my finger and sometimes I can't get size 6 rings off without the help of water.

12. I LOVE your ring!!! I've seen it in a magazine and thought it's really pretty. It looks even prettier on your hand!

(I would size it up one size too)

13. I'd get it sized! I had to swap my everyday rings (3 of them) around after my SO bought me a new one, and one of them made me look like I had finger "lovehandles" also, and it drove me nuts for a few days! So I went ahead and dropped it off to be sized and re-rhodium plated (very old white gold ring, art deco antique, they have have to be re-done every now and then) along with a few other pieces that needed to be resized and plated (all antique deco ones). Hell if you're going to wait a day or two for one ring you might as well take all the ones that need some work!

14. When i read the title i thought you were complaining about the size of the diamond hahahahahahahha! But yes it shouldn't be that tight, I love you ring you have a great boyfriend!

15. It's a gorgeous ring. I think you should get a bigger size. They always say that a ring should be a little loose because your hands may swell in the summer or when you're pregnant and it will be hard to wear it then.