Diamond Loop Earrings...YELLOW or WHITE GOLD?

^^no prob, they say anything less than J in color (near colorless range) is best set in yellow because anything lower than J can face up a little too yellow to be against white gold or platinum.......
Thanks a million Lola!!!! My jeweller doesnt even explain it that way to me LOL This thread turned out to be quite informative:tup:

Thanks a million Lola!!!! My jeweller doesnt even explain it that way to me LOL This thread turned out to be quite informative:tup:

Sure, but you know it's also correct to say if you put beautiful white diamonds in yellow gold they will really pop, everyone will have a slightly different perspective. I just have been told many times, especially when having things set in white gold and platinum, that anything lower than a J color may look too warm in a white setting where as the yellow setting will make it seem to face up much more white because of the warmth of the yg and the conrast.

both! lol no but seriously what studs are for others hoops are for me . they work all the time everywhere (given they are a good size not too small not too large) and i am a matchy person (means all metals (jewellery, baghardware shoehardware,belt etc) have to be the same color )

Sure, but you know it's also correct to say if you put beautiful white diamonds in yellow gold they will really pop, everyone will have a slightly different perspective. I just have been told many times, especially when having things set in white gold and platinum, that anything lower than a J color may look too warm in a white setting where as the yellow setting will make it seem to face up much more white because of the warmth of the yg and the conrast.

Yep,I'll go with that too!!xxxxxxx