Diabro exchange. Is it always this painful?

1. Has anyone attempted an exchange with Diabro?

I ordered a truffle first. It's a great bag, but really too small for me. I'm hoping to exchange for a city (different color as they don't have a city in truffle) and it's really quite a pain. Not sure I should even continue to exchange. They just emailed me that I need to send them the first bag and they haven't agreed to an exchange yet (understandable as someone may try to send them a fake???) so they have to "approve" from there after they get the truffle bag back but they want my money now for the city.

Hmmmmm. I was hoping for a yes or no after they received their bag back and then a charge on my credit card.

Anyone go through this process with Diabro???

Thanks.

2. Well, if you read their return policy http://diabro.net/ship_top.php it states that

"All returns for exchange or otherwise are only possible on prior agreement with Diabro. We accept returns for the exchange of faulty items or items that do not fit. We do not accept the return of change of mind purchases and we do not issue refunds other than with store credit.

Exchanges are possible when we are contacted on the same day orders are delivered and we must have the returned items back within the next 7 days.

All exchanges are subject to availability of the replacement item

Authorising a return does not guarantee we will accept an exchange or credit. All returned items must undergo quality inspections before we finalise the agreement. The item must be unworn with all original tags attached and in any original packaging supplied.

We do not cover shipping costs for returns or exchanges unless otherwise agreed upon.

We must receive the returned merchandise and recover re-shipping costs plus any further moneys before shipping replacement goods or issuing store credit."

So for me, if I didn't like the item, or it didn't work for me... I'd have to figure out a way of reselling it. you know? I guess that is how I understood their policy. I have bought 3 items from them and one of them didn't work out... so I had to eBay it. You know? :smile:

3. Hi Vicki!
    Frankly, before purchasing from them, I read their exchange policy, which looked a bit "painful" to me too, but as the price on the item I was interested in was so wicked good, I decided to risk. Maybe, due to the fact that they are at the other side of the globe, it is better to be very sure of the purchase before going for it. I, for example, went to see the bag in real life here before purchasing it online.
    I understand that being an international transaction it might be difficult to make the exchange smooth as it could be in the case of a national transaction. But for me, the important is that the policy is stated very clearly, so when you make the purchase you can already be familiar with it, and either accept it or not proceed with the purchase. Furthermore, from my personal experience their customer service is quite nice, so if nothing goes wrong (postal delays etc.) with the exchange process, I'm sure you will have no complications with them.