Diabetic desserts

1. Hi everyone! My mom and MIL are both diabetics and I wanted to make a dessert for them for X-mas Eve & X-mas Day but don't really know of any. I've googled and found a whole bunch but was wondering if anyone has some really good, tried and true ones? TIA and Happy Holidays to you and yours!:smile:
  2. This is my recipe for Almost Sugar-free Banana Pudding Pie. I've fed it to people without telling them it was "diet" and gotten lots of compliments on it....

You need 1 Graham Cracker Crust. The store bought kind have added sugar, so it's worth it to make it yourself. You need:
    • 1 1/2 cups ground graham cracker crumbs
    • 1/3 Splenda
    • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
    Just mix the ingredients and press them into a 8 or 9" pie plate. Bake at 375 for 5-7 minutes. Take it out and let it cool.

Take one box of Jello Sugarfree Vanilla Pudding and prepare with skim milk according to the "pie filling" instructions. Spread prepared pudding into the cooled crust.

Slice 1 or 2 bananas (not too many, they're naturally sweet) and place the slices on top of the pudding.

Top the pie with one container of Sugarfree Cool Whip. You can also make this in a regular pie crust and it's really tasty!
  3. Mmm.....sounds yummy! Thanks, Claire!
  4. bumping this.. (no point making new thread with same info) looking for diabteic friendly recpies