DH pulled a fast one on me!!

1. There we were last night, my 3 kids and I, waiting impatiently for DH to come home so we can eat dinner. He's never late! When he finally comes through the front door, he gives something to our eldest DD, and I hear something dragging on the floor. Lo and behold, my 4 1/2 yo DD is lugging a BIG orange bag containing a BIG orange box! The first thing out of my stupid mouth was: "What dumb thing did you do now?!" LOL! So here goes my DD telling me "Happy Valentine's Day, Mommy. Can I have this bag when I get bigger?" And I'm thinking to myself, OMG she's only 4 1/2 and she already knows its something yummy inside!!

I can't believe DH is on better terms with my SA than me!! He got me the perfect thing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ms. Goldie herself, with and without flash: 30 cm gold clemence lindy with palladium hardware

It's such a bittersweet gift! I'm happy because for once, DH can't believe he got me something I love and he keeps insisting that I exchange it if I don't like it. Is he retarded? Doesn't he know that I'll love anything that comes from H?? But at the same time I'm sad because I promised myself only 1 bag this year, and it's only February!!

But I know that I'll be using my lindy more so than my birkin or kelly; it's understated elegance doesn't scream HERMES so I don't have to worry about the questions from family and friends who don't know much about H... I'm loving my new bag! Happy Valentine's Day, fellow tPFers!!

2. Wow! What a great Valentines! Your DH rocks!!! Congratulations!!!

3. Kelly32...it is gorgeous! Modeling pictures pls...I know the ladies are waiting...wear in good health...simply beautiful from a guys point of view...perhaps my wife's next H??? Hmmmmm...what color?

4. Wahey! Great valentines present! When you say one bag, surely presents are excluded? LOL

5. Congrats, what a thoughtful husband!

6. Happy belated Valentine's, congrats!

7. lisawhit, thanks for sharing my excitement! DH has NEVER surprised me before - we usually go shopping together!!

petpringles, DH told me that it was love at first sight for him with the lindy, and he should have bought it before the price hike. I think he bought the bag more for himself than for me, KWIM?

eliselady, I LOVE the way you think!!

Suzie, I admit I am blessed to have a wonderful DH who just so happens to be a doting father.

mrsbaglady, it's actually V day today, I got my pressie a day early!!

8. What a wonderful husband??? That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard!

9. Congratulations Kelly32, your Lindy is gorgeous. It looks so scrummy in gold.
    What a cute DH!!!!
    Never mind about the 1 bag rule, he obviously loves you lots and wanted you to have this bag.

10. Congratulations on your wonderful gift!!! I am sure you will get to use it a lot. What lovely family you have!! So darling!! Happy Valentine's day to all of you..:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

11. How fabulous! What a smart DD and great DH! Congrats. Wear it in good health.

12. YOWZA!!!!

Good for you...enjoy it.

13. Lucky You!! CONGRATS!!:tup:

14. beautiful! happy valentine's day :heart::heart::heart:

15. Oo, what a great guy! Congrats - it's beautiful!