dh converted my baby sage into a shoulder bag

I just made the change to my rose patent baby sage and it took me a few minutes to figure out what to do, but this is what I did:

- Unhook both ends of the adjustable crossbody strap and remove it from the bag
- Unbuckle the strap so that it separates into 2 parts
- Pick up the long part and clip it to the ring on 1 side of the bag
- Thread the long strap through the ring on the other side of the bag
- Pick up the short piece and rebuckle it to the long piece of the strap
- Clip the buckled short end to the same side of the bag where the long piece is clipped
- Adjust the length of the new "shoulder strap" as needed by changing the buckle hole used

It works great and I am so glad that the OP's DH figured this out. The strap length was my only complaint about the baby sage. I don't like carrying bags over my arm or in my hand and the satchel straps were too short for me to wear comfortably over the shoulder.

I don't always wear it crossbody so I had shortend the long strap as much as possible to use as a shoulder strap, but it was still pretty long and the excess strap was flapping around and that bothered me a bit.

This is great, thanks for sharing!

Thanks, katev, for the detailed explanation. I could not figure this one out. Love it!

Thanks for all the threads and postings with this idea. My tuberose woven is gorgeous and gets so many compliments, but I just couldn't get comfortable wearing it. I'm a big-time satchel girl. This one is just a bit heavy in the hand or on the forearm for any real length of time. And I really don't like it crossbody on me. The shoulder strap solution is just perfect.