Devistated :( My Pink Kooba Alex Is Ruined :( I Can Get My $ Back But There R No More

I think your best bet is w/the ebay auction. Esp if Gap says they will reimburse you (will they reimburse you what you paid for the bag, or what it will cost to replace it?). This way, you get a brand new bag, at no cost to you, and you won't have to wait for the restoration - which can take a few weeks. And that's IF she can completely restore the bag (which I assume she can, judging from the pix on the site and comments from other PF members).

I've had sellers do that to me before - Refuse an offer of a price I think is reasonable (a little more than the opening bid), then ended up winning the item at the opening bid, which was less than my offer!!! I don't think sellers think it through enough - I highly doubt that bag will sell for anywhere near $300, let alone $385 (that's just nuts!!!).

Keep us posted & good luck if you're bidding!

So sorry about this Bessie. I agree with the other gals on getting it cleaned by LMB and have Gap pay for it. Very nice of them btw. Have you tried e-mailing LMB, I find that sometimes people are so much better with e-mails.

Oh my. This isn't as bad as I had first imagined. Don't worry - I have faith that it will be fixed as good as new. LMB is generally pretty good about getting back to you. I like emails a little better too. I think it's quicker than phone nowadays (isn't that sad?)
It's NOT ruined! I really have faith that it will be fixed.

well i have left about 7 msgs for her and not one call back now i am just annoyed and dont even want her to fix it :sad: i dont get how you cant return one of 7 msgs even if you are really busy,,, ugh

well i am going to wait till the auction ends see if i can win, if i can YAY if i cant then ill keep trying with LMB but for now i am hoping to win the one on ebay and send gap my ruined one :sad:

thanks ladies for the help and advice

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Slush - I'm sure you can win that bag (and for less than what she wanted as a BIN) - and if Gap reimburses you, then you'll be all set: You'll buy the new bag from ebay, Send them your old bag & the shirt, get back the $$ that you paid for the new one, and then you'll be back where you started from (only your bag will now be brand new instead if used a couple of times!!).

Good Luck!

hehe thanks!!! :smile: you are so right that would be the best!!!

BUT NOW A Q FOR ALL OF YOU

1) HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PUT AS A MAX WILLING TO PAY FOR THE ALEX I ADORE IT BUT I FEEL LIKE ANYTHING OVER $250 IS A LOT FOR IT,,,, (just in case someone else starts bidding)

2) I CANT BE ON THE COMPUTER WHEN IT IS GOING TO END, SO I AM GOING TO HAVE TO BID EARLIER THAT DAY AND HOPE MY BID STAYS HIGHEST, OR I COULD TRY ONE OF THESE BIDDING ASSIST THINGS BUT I HAAVE NO IDEA HOW THOSE WORK!!!!!! (any help welcomed!)

what is the amount Gap is willing to pay for the bag? Is it just the amount you originally paid or is it for the replacement?

why don't you try a sniping program? i had issues at first of using one. ethics and all that, but I've learned it's a valid ebay tool that many people use for convenience. I tried it for the first time last week when I had to be in a 3 hour meeting wasn't able to bid on an item I really wanted. it worked like a charm. i won! someone recommended ensipe to me and i quite liked it. good luck!

hey and can you tell me how it works? like do you put in the amt you are willing to pay highest, and it like bids and bids up to taht point

or does it just at the last moment enter your higehest amt?

Gap didnt say but i told them it was a $425 bag on kooba.com
i didnt mention what i paid or where i got , i just asked what i should do they said just take a screen shot of the kooba webpage with the price and send it with the bag

so they will pay that price, which i am not going to pay this ebay person but yea :smile:

thanks for the help let me know about esnipe if you dont mind:smile:

Just read what happened-so sorry. I know you loved that bag even before you got it. It sounds like everyone here has it under control though. I agree that you should go for the one currently on ebay. I've never tried any of the sniping tools, but given its a pink Alex, I think you should go for it. Send the screen print to Gap with the ruined bag and get your reimbursement. Good Luck!

Yep, all you do is put in your maximum bid and give them the time you would like them to bid at. (I made mine 5 seconds before auction.) They give you three "snipes" for free and then after that you have to pay 1% of the total amount of the auction. I think if the Gap is willing to pay the amount, then just buy the purse. It's win win and you get a new purse and don't have to worry about shipping this bag off to a woman who can't even be bothered to write back to you. Maybe she's on vacation or something and she's not normally so negligent, but I'm thinking it's a sign to buy that new purse! :yes:

Bess, I went and had a look at that auction. I think you should bid whatever it takes to win that bag, especially if Gap is gonna pay for it. Just put in a high amount and I'm sure you'll get it for cheap anyway. There's not even one bid on that bag! I think her high starting bid is scaring buyers away. Try that sniping thing and let us know how it turns out. :smile:

hehe thanks!!! :smile: you are so right that would be the best!!!

BUT NOW A Q FOR ALL OF YOU

1) HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PUT AS A MAX WILLING TO PAY FOR THE ALEX I ADORE IT BUT I FEEL LIKE ANYTHING OVER $250 IS A LOT FOR IT,,,, (just in case someone else starts bidding)

If Gap is willing to reimburse you, then I'd put a higher price - you'll have to pay it up front, but if they're paying for, you should go higher. If you told them you paid $425, and they were OK with that - set that as your max (chances are, it'll sell for much less).

2) I CANT BE ON THE COMPUTER WHEN IT IS GOING TO END, SO I AM GOING TO HAVE TO BID EARLIER THAT DAY AND HOPE MY BID STAYS HIGHEST, OR I COULD TRY ONE OF THESE BIDDING ASSIST THINGS BUT I HAAVE NO IDEA HOW THOSE WORK!!!!!! (any help welcomed!)

Have you ever used a sniping program? Places like bidnapper or auction sniper give you free snipes just for signing up, so you have nothing to loose. I use those a lot since I can't access ebay from work, and many auctions end when I can't be on the computer.

It's really pretty simple - you sign up with the same user name/password as your ebay a/c, enter the item number of the item you want, your max bid, and how soon before the end you want them to "snipe" (bid). The default is 6 seconds, but you can go as low as you want (but you should take into account server traffic, bids at the same time, etc). I usually set mine 4-5 seconds (before the end of the auction). The bid is then placed for you at the time that you set it.

Like I said, when you first sign up, you receive free snipes (I think 3 is the norm). After that, your charged depending on the service you use. BidNapper is a subscription based service - you buy a bulk of snipes, or you pay a monthly fee. At Auction Sniper, you're only charged if you win, and then it's only 1% of the winning bid (which I think is pretty good if you only use it once in a while for certain items you really want.

I know that some sellers hate "snipers" but I see nothing wrong with them - most people seem to wait until the very end to bid anyhow (so the price isn't driven up too soon), so I don't really see the difference - you either sit there & bid yourself at the end of the auction, or you use a program like bidnapper or auction sniper and let them do the same thing.

I still sometimes place a lower bid early on, so that I have a bid in place. Usually a relatively low bid, and then I use the sniping service to set my higher bid - the one I want purchase it at.

I really hope you get the bag at a very reasonable price!

Bess, I feel your pain about your Alex (I'd received mine just shortly before you got yours) I haven't used her yet though....

I agree with jadejett that it is looking very good for you... if you choose to wait and bid at the end... that bid snipe program is not a bad idea.... I didn't know about them and after losing a couple of items LITERALLY at the LAST second by only a couple of dollars... I decided to try it on an item I REALLY wanted!! I set it to bid during the last 5 seconds as well! and it worked for me! You still can't guarantee you'll win, cuz if someone else bids the last 5 seconds a higher max.. they will win out.

Just for YOUR reference I ended up paying $275 for my Alex - and she included the shipping in that cost. I e-mailed her an offer and we negotiated

Since this auction is "winding down" with NO bids.. perhaps you could send her an offer of maybe $225 and see what she does! She may want to just go ahead with it - rather than take the chance that NO one bids!!

:tup:GOOD LUCK>>>>> we are ALL pulling for you!!!

Hey Bessie, I can see you ending up with two Koobas for the price of one. This could work out fab for you. I'm hoping you get the Alex at the starting price, and then have extra for another Kooba. However, it's probably safer to throw in a higher price, just to be sure you get the Alex, or else you will be bummed. Gap are going to pay for it anyway. GOOD LUCK!!!