detox teas

1. i bought one by yogi teas because it smelled good (and ended up tasting good too) but i'm curious: do they actually do anything? the wording on the box was vague at best. this particular one has dandelion and licorice root. i saw another made from some berry.

do you use one? what brand? and what has it done for you?
  2. Honestly, I don't think any of these so-called "detox" products do a darn thing. Alternative/New Age types want everyone to believe that our bodies are just swimming with toxins that can only be released by buying their overpriced products. That's simply not the case. If you like the taste and smell of the tea, that's fine, but don't expect any miracles.
  3. LOL my thoughts exactly. :smile: like i said, i bought it smelled good (and to me smelling good = tasting good unless proven otherwise). i didn't even read the box until i got home. i just wanted to make sure i wasn't doing one of those crazy "detoxes" like discussed in the infamous colonics thread! :wtf: :biggrin:
  4. i bought the Yogi tea once when i had a cold/flu and it surprinsingly made me feel better... i can't say anything about the detox tea though...
  5. Just searched on that and educated myself... not sure if I want to laugh or cry. :sick:
  6. i just searched up the colonics thread and I really don't know why but i'm totally laughing out loud and can't stop and i only got to page 3. there is nothing obviously funny about it but for some reason it;s just killing me with laughter?!?!? Anyone have the same experience?!?!
  7. That was my exact reaction. I laughed, and laughed, and laughed and then I went to the Dr. Natura website and just about DIED. Why did I need to go there? WHY?!? It's a good thing that I don't get grossed out very easily!
  8. mokoni,

I'm still dying of laughter here. i'm done with the thread ... missed out on selena's pics but definitely not venturing to Dr Natura website as tempted as i am. I will be very sick if i head to the website...

that thread is just killing although i would not be able to explain WHY it is so funny!!

gotta hop off! see ya!