Desperately seeking a Zip !

1. So im just finishing off my final project at hight school before I leave. I have made a travel bag and all I need to do now is sew it together. It has took me months and months to design the bag and make a prototype of it etc.

Now I need to find a zip for it. the Zip has to be 48 - 50 cm and in brown or black colour. But I really hate YKK zips and thats all I can seem to find.

Does anyone know any good websites that sell unusual / designer looking zips. I know this is an odd request but Im desperate for one. I have searched eBay and there are none. I need a website that would ship the zip to the UK.

I just want my bag to look great. I will post pics of it when I have finished and it has been marked by the examiner. :smile:

Thanks in advance and your help is much appreciated :flowers:

2. Sorry I'm of no use to you on this request but in the US they say zipper.

I don't know if that will make a difference.

Good luck with your examination!!

3. Thanks for the info :flowers:

4. Your welcome!

5. Kleins in london do all kinds of zips and stuff.. google them and you'll find their website..they do internet orders.. Also you could try googling MacCulloch and Wallis (dunno if i spelt that right)

Hope that helps..:heart:

6. My best advice would be to search google for the most options regarding a zip. I don't know much about buying zippers so thats the best I can do.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

;)

7. Lampo and Riri are two zippers used by bag designers, but I have no idea where to buy them.

8. Wow, besure to show us your finished project :smile:

9. Chloe use YKK. :yes:

I quite like them, myself! Particularly the Doughnut pull. :biggrin:

10. what about rag shop? do you have that over there in the uk? its a big chain down here that sells fabric and everything you could possibly ever need.

11. Look for craft suppliers online?!

12. thanks everyone :flowers:

13. I think Lampo and Riri contract to special buyers, so you may have trouble finding those... zips at fabric stores are usually ykk. Does your town have a fabric district? LA, Philly, and NY do, I don't know if you live near those cities because they'll have stores dedicated to stuff like that. Oh wait, you're in England... I'm a fish out of water over there! But hopefully they'll have an area similar to that?

Have you considered maybe using a secondhand bag and tearing off the zip from there to use on your bag? I know that could be a pain, but it might give your bag that extra oomph if you can't find a new zipper.

14. Hi, thanks for your advice. I did some research and found that there is a store just down the road from me in Liverpool that sells all sorts of zips, most of them are odd ones so Im gunna go on saturday.

But I would still love any more info or websites that sell zips. Thanks :flowers: