Desperately need help from the Hermes experts, please!!!

Thanks so much everyone for all the great advice, info, and encouragement! Sarahcantiik, I have considered going to Paris, in fact will be probably be there at some point soon anyway, but there is only one major problem with this: My DH does not approve of expensive bag purchases (it is not the money, but the principle! which makes it impossible to argue with him), and he will no doubt be with me if we go to Paris, and I just can't see him going along with a bag purchase from Hermes if he realized how much I'm paying (anyone have any advice on how to deal with this?).
So, it would be much easier for me to just do it from my home base -- btw, I'm located in Genova, which is a port city, rather industrial for those not familiar with it, not exactly a fashion mecca -- I was actually surprised to find the H store here. So, I'm not even sure they would carry the Birkins, I only saw a few of the masais (?) hanging in the window. Does anyone know if a store will order a birkin for a customer, even if they do not ordinarily carry them? Anyone out there living in Milan? I love the "what have you seen and where" thread, but, unfortunately, doesn't seem that anyone is near me! Ahh, anyway, I will venture into the store sometime in the near future, when I feel a little better informed, and hope that i can order my orange birkin. .oh, and koukanimaya, looking young can really be a drawback sometimes!! also, don't really know if i can wear orange or not, but i don't care. . . i'll let the bag wear me!!!

Awww, now see I don't agree with the alligator thing - I have a personal perference for Porosus Croc AND why not buy AUSTRALIAN!!!!!! The Hermes Crocs come from here - they're fab!!.........LOL!!

I adore the classic orange - you need to start frequenting your chosen boutique, kln.......make Hermes friends!!!!!

Hi Everyone!!!
I am completly new to this blog- but have been reading on the useful information regarding Hermes Birkin bags. All though I am a die hard Balenciaga , Chloe and chanel handbag girl- I have set my sites on a HERMES BIRKIN Bag. I called Hermes in Berverly Hills and they stated the waitlist is closed :sad: . So I have a couple of questions for anyone that can help me.
1. Are all the wait list closed at all the Hermes boutiques???
2. What is the price range for a 32cm birkin???
3. Which leather is the most durable???
4. Should I even attempt to purchase a birkin on EBAY??
5. I do like large bags but do not want something that is to big is 32cm a good size????
6. A friend of a friend is selling a Rouge Chevre HAC 32cm birinf for $6900.00 (it is 3 years old) Is that a good deal???

Any help would be great and most appreciated or if you have any other info that might help as well that would be great too!!!!

Thank You
user_offline.gif

Hi Everyone!!!
I am completly new to this blog- but have been reading on the useful information regarding Hermes Birkin bags. All though I am a die hard Balenciaga , Chloe and chanel handbag girl- I have set my sites on a HERMES BIRKIN Bag. I called Hermes in Berverly Hills and they stated the waitlist is closed :sad: . So I have a couple of questions for anyone that can help me.
1. Are all the wait list closed at all the Hermes boutiques???
2. What is the price range for a 32cm birkin???
3. Which leather is the most durable???
4. Should I even attempt to purchase a birkin on EBAY??
5. I do like large bags but do not want something that is to big is 32cm a good size????
6. A friend of a friend is selling a Rouge Chevre HAC 32cm birinf for $6900.00 (it is 3 years old) Is that a good deal???

Any help would be great and most appreciated or if you have any other info that might help as well that would be great too!!!!

Thank You
user_offline.gif

Hi Shoegal11:

If you read further into the past threads you will find loads of info. But I will try my best to answer your questions.
1. The official line is that the list is closed. BUT my husband Special Ordered my Birkin last January while the list was closed and I had it by April. So read into that what you want. Anyone can buy a Birkin if you find one on the shelf, or at the very least everytime you go into Hermes you should ask if they have any. Sometimes there are some that customers do not want once they arrive and sometimes a store just has a couple sent to them from Paris. If you aren't picky about color, leather and hardware this may be your best bet.
2. I don't know about pricing for a HAC 32 but Birkin 35's are $7000+ USD right now.
3. Togo is the most popular (scratchproof & pretty waterproof), Clemence is softer/squishier than Togo and very durable but heavier than Togo. Togo holds its shape better in a large Birkin. Box is the best as it can be revamped by Hermes unless it is dry/cracked, etc. Box is more expensive but is gorgeous as the patina it gets with use is stunning. But every scratch will show.
4. There are many authentic Birkins on ebay but expect to pay way more than retail. The ones that are priced below retail are usually fake.
5. I am 5'3" and love my Birkin 35. I would love to have a Birkin 30 since the 35 does get heavy after a long day.
6. Chevre is considered almost an "exotic" in fact in my Hermes boutique the Chevre samples are in with the exotics and not the regular calf or bull skin samples. I don't know if it is a good deal. Someone can probably tell you. Chevre has a sheen to it that is lovely but is not as durable as the others mentioned above.
Hope this helps!
gazoo