Food Desperate things we do when we have cravings......

Sometimes I get a craving for a Coke, a real sugary coke with ice from a fast food place. So whatever the time I'll drive to Mcdonald's and get one. Luckily I don't do this too often.

fortunately (or unfortunately) there is a convenience store right next to my house so i just walk over there when i get cravings. i find that when my sleep schedule is regular that i don't crave as much unhealthy food...anyone else like this?

OMG! I found my foodie twin!:nuts: You can't be the worst because you're right up there with me! That's OK though, we'll share the title!:P

Hey there twinnie! I thought I was the only one this crazy with cravings! Lol! I don't want to know how worse I'll get when I get pregnant! DH has to get ready! :roflmfao:

Oh, last night, dh and I were craving for Kir, a drink I fell in love with when we visited Paris last year. After searching online, I finally found a place that sells Cassis (need this ingredient to make the drink). We couldn't drive fast enough to the liquor store, lol. We bought a good bottle of gewurtzraminer to mix with the cassis. Ahhhh, it was great. Sipping the kir, took me back to Paris, at the Eiffel Tower, where we had our first glass of Kir. Such sweet memories, sigh.

Oooh, sounds yummy! I haven't tried it for myself but have heard about it from my mom. She was in France last Oct and her hostess served Kir :yes: She loves it too!

I went to Rochester for my freshman year in college and I had no means (no car/public transportation) of getting off campus. I was feeling so homesick - being able to get food 24/7 in the city really spoils you. I dragged a friend and we walked off campus about a bit over an hour/hour half into the boondocks just to get some McDonalds. It was great but on our way home, we got VERY lost and after a few hours, our friends managed to find us and drove us back haha. what an adventure.

im glad though that living away at college for the next few years actually curbed my addiction to fast food! =D

I done similiar to the OP. I had choc pretzels that I bought back from NY and was craving some so bad that I went and bought pretzels and choc and melted it and dipped the pretzels. Not quite the same but still....

I'm off to NY tomorrow so WILL be stocking up.

I'm with you guys on the chocolate pretzels. Those things are addictive. Normally when you eat something really sweet or really salty, you get tired of it after a while. But since chocolate covered pretzels are the PERFECT combination of sweet and salty, you never get tired of them. I could use some right now..

I almost drove down to tijuana just to get some good tacos, but my sisters talked me out of it :sad: :lol:

I've had chinese food a week in a row because I've craved it!

I've also contemplated going to Singapore just for the chicken rice. :drool:

:roflmfao::roflmfao:

I'm in Singapore at the moment.

Will think of you when I'm eating its yummy, aromatic chicken rice..hehe.

LOL !! My worst is craving something from back home, that I can only get in France and can´t make myself....like a tender piece of beef with French fries and Blue cheese sauce. Or foie gras on a grilled toast and salad.

Otherwise I crave sushis and Mc Donalds the most !! One is healthy but can be not well made and super expensive while the other one is soooooooo pure evil food.

I crave all varieties of asian food (tom yum soup, steamed dumplings, nime chow, crispy shrimp, singapore noodles, natang, crab rangoons, and especially sushi .. Something called a "las vegas roll" -- it's spicy tuna and avocado inside the roll. They they roll the entire thing in "crunchy bits" (almost like tempura batter). It's so yummy. Also love their boston roll (salmon and avocado) and the yam roll (yam tempura in the roll with a cinnamon sauce drizzle over it).

I think I need to go for sushi tonight now!