Designer vs "Cheap"

i love handmade bags that i find when i travel. i like meeting the person that made them, you know? as far as bags from target or the ninewest stuff, no, i don't do that. i'd rather have a designer bag that would be classic and last longer. tho, i must say, my LLbean boat and tote bag is wonderful.

I have a mix also..I wouldn't really call them CHEAP but they definitely did cost less than my other bags.
And lol I also have a couple of adorable clutches that came with some of the UK editions of magazines. I love them!

Thanks, as well! I really like this topic, because I still love my less expensive bags. As long as they look good, they're perfectly acceptable! And some handmade bags are very beautiful! I have some adorable woven ones from Portugal that I love just as much, if not more than my expensive ones. I would never sell those ones! Don't give up your dreams to be a designer- LOTS of people make a purchase based on what they like, not a company name.

I have a wide varitey of handbags, that vary in price. Some of them were downright cheap, and some are quite pricey. I can't say that I've had too many opportunities to buy handmade bags from someone, but if I like the bag, I'll buy it! I don't care where it came from or how much it cost!

i love ALLL bags....sometimes, a good, cute, inexpensive bag that you find at the mall or target or something can totally get the job done and be realllly cute. i cant stand it when ppl are purse snobs...some ppl just cant afford to have all designer bags so they have a mix of both....absolutely nothing wrong with that! :smile: plus, with inexpensive bags you can have a bunch of them and it doesnt really matter the wear and tear you put on it!

i love ALLL bags....sometimes, a good, cute, inexpensive bag that you find at the mall or target or something can totally get the job done and be realllly cute. i cant stand it when ppl are purse snobs...some ppl just cant afford to have all designer bags so they have a mix of both....absolutely nothing wrong with that! :smile: plus, with inexpensive bags you can have a bunch of them and it doesnt really matter the wear and tear you put on it!

I totally agree with that. I have my few designer purses but I would much rather have a bunch of different styles and colors then just a couple designer bags. Im always making myself a new bag to match a new outfit! lol!

I've got a mix as well. I have some express and limited bags that are like 5-6 yrs old, BR, nine west and assorted TJ Maxx finds. I love wearing my designer bags, but I find myself having to be extra careful not to damage them. When I go out dancing I tend to take my cheaper bags so they I won't be upset if they get damaged. I gave some of my coaches and D&B to my mom.

I do, but I like cheapie little bags as trend bags or bags to destroy for work or beach or for little nights out at a bar. Why not? There are GREAT cheap designers!
AND, if you are getting a 'trendy' bag, not a classic, that will be 'so out' in a month or even 6 months, why pay a ginormous amount? I'll buy a cheap gold clutch and be done with the whole trend. I am not buying the Miroir just to keep up, lemme tell ya!

Yea I deff. agree with the "trends". Its a little crazy to spend a whole bunch of money on something that youa rent going to even think twice about using in a few months.

my only cheapie one left is the ugly betty bag i LOVE IT...patchwork! it comes in leather or patchwork tapestry what fun....next day i wear the gucci!!! lol love it
f2d5_1.JPG

One of my clutches was handmade by a friend. I don't consider it "cheap" though because I know she put a lot of time and effort into it. And technically it is "designer", since she designed it! :tender:

I have mostly cheap bags (out of 90+, 2 are Coaches). I love designer bags but I also love having a ton of bags that I can change on a daily basis and go a few months without repeating a bag. I have enough bags that my cheap ones don't get too much wear and tear (I've only thrown away two bags. One because it fell apart and the second because my cat chewed on the strap).

If I could afford it, I would have as many designer bags as I do cheap bags!